The Student Room Group

Liv's GCSE Journey

Introduction
Hey so welcome to my grow your grades blog! As today was my first day of half-term (yeah my school's term dates are weird), I have decided to start my proper revision tomorrow. I just spent today resting, since school has really drained me and I needed a break. I'm just hoping that this blog will hold me accountable to actually do revision now hahaha whoops...

GCSE's and Predicted Grades:
English Language - 7
English Literature - 8
Maths - 9
Biology - 7
Chemistry - 8
Physics - 9
French - 8
Geography - 8
Graphics - A*
So yeah no pressure there... They all feel really unattainable at the minute but hopefully with some hard work I can get there. I would like to get all 7's, 8's and 9's but honestly I just want to try my best and then whatever happens, happens.

A-Level Choices:
Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Geography
I will probably drop one after like 2 weeks, but I am very indecisive so I have no idea which one yet. I'm not completely sure what I want to do at uni, but I'm thinking something like physical science? Meteorology interests me quite a bit but I'm not really sure.

Okay that's it for now, I will update tomorrow with any revision I complete :smile:
Reply 1
This looks really interesting, I'm hoping to get similar grades too (like around 8s/9s). How do you revise for French, I find it really hard :frown: .
Good luck :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by peeked
This looks really interesting, I'm hoping to get similar grades too (like around 8s/9s). How do you revise for French, I find it really hard :frown: .
Good luck :smile:

Thanks and honestly same, I definitely struggle more with languages. So far I've been working my way through a memrise course with all the required vocab (I do AQA) although at this rate it's going to take me ages to finish.
For writing and speaking I plan to memorise set phrases that I can then adapt to the questions. And finally for listening I have no idea, and this is my worst one. I got like 23/50 on the mock whoops. My dad suggested listening to French radio but I can't make out any words.
Sorry I can't help more, good luck :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by liv.......
Thanks and honestly same, I definitely struggle more with languages. So far I've been working my way through a memrise course with all the required vocab (I do AQA) although at this rate it's going to take me ages to finish.
For writing and speaking I plan to memorise set phrases that I can then adapt to the questions. And finally for listening I have no idea, and this is my worst one. I got like 23/50 on the mock whoops. My dad suggested listening to French radio but I can't make out any words.
Sorry I can't help more, good luck :smile:

No worries it's fine, I do AQA as well. I'm hoping to get like in 8 in French. Just trying to learn as much vocab as I can really.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending