The Student Room Group

Does anyone recommend 'Tassomai' (GCSE Science)

Hello there, I was wondering whether or not I should subscribe to this website called 'Tassomai'.I was hoping some people that have used it or use it could help. I know many schools offer it but my school doesn't so I'd have to pay £45/month for all 3 sciences. Is it useful, do you recommend it?
Reply 1
bump
I'm currently using it (All 3 sciences) and I think it's brilliant; it's a great motivator as it has all the questions ready for you to complete whenever you like. I'm currently at 15%, which doesn't sound like a lot but I'm more than on track to finish it by GCSEs. Whilst it is rather costly, the price can be justified through the website's effectiveness. One thing that I would suggest whilst doing it, is that, and it may seem obvious: make sure you really read all the information and understand the answer - I sometimes find myself trying to make sure I get the answer right than actually getting it right and remembering the answer paired with the question. Given the importance of GCSEs, I'd suggest getting it.
Reply 3
Original post by SourApostrophy
I'm currently using it (All 3 sciences) and I think it's brilliant; it's a great motivator as it has all the questions ready for you to complete whenever you like. I'm currently at 15%, which doesn't sound like a lot but I'm more than on track to finish it by GCSEs. Whilst it is rather costly, the price can be justified through the website's effectiveness. One thing that I would suggest whilst doing it, is that, and it may seem obvious: make sure you really read all the information and understand the answer - I sometimes find myself trying to make sure I get the answer right than actually getting it right and remembering the answer paired with the question. Given the importance of GCSEs, I'd suggest getting it.

Okay that you very much, and you pay for independently, like you privately pay or does your school pay? So you pay £45/month? And also what exam board are you on?
Original post by peeked
Okay that you very much, and you pay for independently, like you privately pay or does your school pay? So you pay £45/month? And also what exam board are you on?

Yeah, I pay £45 a month, independently, and will likely continue to do so until exams. Obviously, you can't single-handedly rely on Tassomai but it definitely helps - it's different for different people, though. I'm on the AQA examboard.
Reply 5
bump
Wow £45 a month? My school are subscribed and I payed £8 for the academic year! But yes, at first I didn’t like it as it was very hard to navigate, but there has recently been an update and made it much easier. Chemistry, Physics and Biology are lay out separately with each of their individual topics, you’re able to question yourself on each topic. It is very useful! But the questions are multiple choice and can get a bit tiresome if you’re on it for too long. Anyway I hope you find that useful!
Reply 7
Original post by Saffron512
Wow £45 a month? My school are subscribed and I payed £8 for the academic year! But yes, at first I didn’t like it as it was very hard to navigate, but there has recently been an update and made it much easier. Chemistry, Physics and Biology are lay out separately with each of their individual topics, you’re able to question yourself on each topic. It is very useful! But the questions are multiple choice and can get a bit tiresome if you’re on it for too long. Anyway I hope you find that useful!

Okay thanks! Yeah I have to pay £45 a month myself as my school isn’t subscribed.
I have it! My school got it about two weeks ago and we paid £20 for the whole thing:tongue:
I’m really enjoying it, I’m 40% through the courses in under three weeks:biggrin: (though I’ve been focusing on physics 55% woo)
If you have any questions don’t hesitate to PM
Is it possible for someone to give me a login for OCR 21C?
I used to use it until my mocks but when I started GCSE revision I found how boring and useless it actually is. Now I use Seneca but it depends on what you prefer, it is a personal opinion and you may like to revise in a different way to me.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by Kakemono
I used to use it until my mocks but when I started GCSE revision I found how boring and useless it actually is. Now I use Seneca but it depends on what you prefer, it is a personal opinion and you may like to revise in a different way to me.

Yeah in the end I decided to not get it and I think that’s better
To be frank, most resources are free anyway. However if you do want to pay for some, I’d not go over £10 a month. Go for save my exams or mygcsescience stuff which cost about £25 and £50 a year respectively.
Some people really like it but personally I’m not a fan

Latest