Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

Should I go see my GP about lower right abdominal pain? watch

Firstly I’m a girl, 18 yo. Back in November, at the beginning of the month I got admitted to A&E with severe abdominal pain in my lower right abdomen, after my GP recommended for me to go to the hospital suspecting appendicitis. Long story short, all my blood and urine tests were normal but my heart rate was very very high, about 130 when I first got in and doctors suspected it was actually an ovarian cyst as the pain started during the middle of my cycle and some blood must have gotten in and irritated my abdomen.

Afterwards some pain continued, then I had some sharp pains once in a while in the same spot. It occurred less often and now I feel it a few times a month, usually during ovulation. They don’t last a long time, usually only a few seconds but when it does if feels like I’ve been stabbed from the inside it’s so painful, and then I have some “residual” pain as I like to describe it, it’s not exactly pain just a feeling of there being something. Now it’s been a long time, and according to the internet (so trustworthy heh) they should go away within 3 months, so I’m getting worried. Is it worth asking my GP about it? Maybe asking for an ultrasound to make sure everything looks alright?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Firstly I’m a girl, 18 yo. Back in November, at the beginning of the month I got admitted to A&E with severe abdominal pain in my lower right abdomen, after my GP recommended for me to go to the hospital suspecting appendicitis. Long story short, all my blood and urine tests were normal but my heart rate was very very high, about 130 when I first got in and doctors suspected it was actually an ovarian cyst as the pain started during the middle of my cycle and some blood must have gotten in and irritated my abdomen.

Afterwards some pain continued, then I had some sharp pains once in a while in the same spot. It occurred less often and now I feel it a few times a month, usually during ovulation. They don’t last a long time, usually only a few seconds but when it does if feels like I’ve been stabbed from the inside it’s so painful, and then I have some “residual” pain as I like to describe it, it’s not exactly pain just a feeling of there being something. Now it’s been a long time, and according to the internet (so trustworthy heh) they should go away within 3 months, so I’m getting worried. Is it worth asking my GP about it? Maybe asking for an ultrasound to make sure everything looks alright?
    It sounds like it's definitely worth seeing your GP again, now that it's becoming a long term problem. It sounds like they didn't do many more specific tests at the hospital, so it would be worth seeing your GP to get confirmation about whether it is a cyst or not and what you can do about whatever it is. Good luck, and I hope you feel better soon!

ReputationRep:
    yeah I’d recommend going back to your GP and telling them about it, they should schedule you in for an ultrasound! that’s what I had and they can check for all kinds of problems in that area so it’s definitely worth doing
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 20, 2018
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.