Turn on thread page Beta

Hi all,

So I am a 20 year old guy who is in his first year at university, which I commute to just for the record.

Uni has been good, I have been getting decent grades and even landed a really good job at my uni, so I am not doing too bad.

I am happy with my life as I feel as if I have direction, but after all these years I feel like I am fed up of being stuck in a rut, and I feel as if I'll never experience some things in life.

Allow me to elaborate:

Relationship:

I've only ever had one GF which was last year, and that only lasted three weeks.

I have never been good with girls but every time I try, they literally lose interest in me almost instantly; it will start off well but always fade away, has happened so many times and I am fed up of it to be honest.

In my own right, I have never been called ugly or unattractive. Also, I am still a virgin but that's not something that bothers me.

I have tried dating apps but they never come to anything.

Overthinking

Like I said, uni has been good. However I worry about it a lot, especially when essays are due.

I have always had this cloud of doubt over me, which I blame on my secondary school as I had some terrible teachers. One openly told me I was never going to make it to university.

At times I find myself overthinking. For example; on my commute home on the train or when I am relaxing in my room. But there is seemingly nothing I can do to avert it.

In general, I have lived a bit of restricted life; never been abroad, had a proper relationship and it took me years to make proper friends.

I just want to be able to stop thinking about everything but do not know how?

Sorry if I seem really stupid or even arrogant, as I am not in a bad position at all.

Any advice by any means would be appreciated!

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    have more belief in yourself
    continue to prove the doubters wrong

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 17, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.