Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hi all,

So I am a 20 year old guy who is in his first year at university, which I commute to just for the record.

Uni has been good, I have been getting decent grades and even landed a really good job at my uni, so I am not doing too bad.

I am happy with my life as I feel as if I have direction, but after all these years I feel like I am fed up of being stuck in a rut, and I feel as if I'll never experience some things in life.

Allow me to elaborate:

I've only ever had one GF which was last year, and that only lasted three weeks.

I have never been good with girls but every time I try, they literally lose interest in me almost instantly; it will start off well but always fade away, has happened so many times and I am fed up of it to be honest.

In my own right, I have never been called ugly or unattractive. Also, I am still a virgin but that's not something that bothers me.

I have tried dating apps but they never come to anything.

Like I said, uni has been good. However I worry about it a lot, especially when essays are due.

I have always had this cloud of doubt over me, which I blame on my secondary school as I had some terrible teachers. One openly told me I was never going to make it to university.

At times I find myself overthinking. For example; on my commute home on the train or when I am relaxing in my room. But there is seemingly nothing I can do to avert it.

In general, I have lived a bit of restricted life; never been abroad, had a proper relationship and it took me years to make proper friends.

I just want to be able to stop thinking about everything but do not know how?

Sorry if I seem really stupid or even arrogant, as I am not in a bad position at all.

Any advice by any means would be appreciated!

have more belief in yourself
    continue to prove the doubters wrong
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 17, 2018
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.