Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Paranoid becuase my boyfriends so secretive ... watch

Announcements

There are certain things about his past that he won’t tell me which I get becuase some stuff is just private and happened in the past. However, he’s secretive about stuff he’s doing now eg I was on the phone to him and he said he was sat in the car in a certain area doing certain things but wouldn’t tell me what then he rushed off the phone when the car set off again. He does stuff like this all of the time and it makes me constantly paranoid that he’s with another girl or something. What should I do ?
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    Could be totally innocent but seems sketchy. Long term you'll be wanting to know and if you don't find out what he's up to or he omits telling you things this early.. long term it could get worse and be a point of tension. Perhaps mention it casually saying you're curious or worried by how he sounded when he was on the call?

(Original post by 8472)
    Could be totally innocent but seems sketchy. Long term you'll be wanting to know and if you don't find out what he's up to or he omits telling you things this early.. long term it could get worse and be a point of tension. Perhaps mention it casually saying you're curious or worried by how he sounded when he was on the call?
    I did as soon as he said it I asked what he was doing and he just kind of changed the topic then rushed off the phone.

ReputationRep:
    As a guy, he is absolutely up to something. Either he's planning something nice for you (which may be the unlikely option if there are obvious signs otherwise), or he is keeping something from you in a really obvious way (maybe not to obvious to him).

Is he a smart lad?
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I did as soon as he said it I asked what he was doing and he just kind of changed the topic then rushed off the phone.
    Is there anything else in the relationship causing issues or troubling you? Anything changed recently or has it always been the same and just this as your concern?

(Original post by TheMexicanSloth)
    As a guy, he is absolutely up to something. Either he's planning something nice for you (which may be the unlikely option if there are obvious signs otherwise), or he is keeping something from you in a really obvious way (maybe not to obvious to him).

Is he a smart lad?
    I think so. I think he knows that he’s being obvious about it but doesn’t care becuase he won’t tell me no matter how much I ask.

(Original post by 8472)
    Is there anything else in the relationship causing issues or troubling you? Anything changed recently or has it always been the same and just this as your concern?
    He’s kind of always been the same. He’s very open about other girls though like there was this girl that tries flirting with him and he told me about straight away. He just secretive about other stuff like whatever he is doing tonight.

ReputationRep:
    That's a tough one, but its entirely possible he could see another girl but still tell you if someone tries flirting - they're independent events really

(Original post by TheMexicanSloth)
    That's a tough one, but its entirely possible he could see another girl but still tell you if someone tries flirting - they're independent events really
    I thought that but when I called him (when he said he was in the car) he answered and we talked for a few minutes before he rushed off so I thought that if he was with another girl he wouldn’t have answered to me at all
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    He’s kind of always been the same. He’s very open about other girls though like there was this girl that tries flirting with him and he told me about straight away. He just secretive about other stuff like whatever he is doing tonight.
    It's a tough and rather odd one. How long have you 2 been dating/known? I would confront him about it about it and let him know how you feel. No good just dealing with it if it makes you feel terrible.

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh I strongly disagree that he wouldn't answer at all. If he wouldn't have answered, it would have been more suspicious for anyone potentially with him or he would have felt it would have gave his game away.

(Original post by 8472)
    It's a tough and rather odd one. How long have you 2 been dating/known? I would confront him about it about it and let him know how you feel. No good just dealing with it if it makes you feel terrible.
    Not long only about 3 months,
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    Not long only about 3 months,
    I think as I said before, confront him about it in the best way you can. No deal getting upset in a relationship and not being able to discuss/walk about things.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 18, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.