The Student Room Group

Staying In hometown for uni or should I leave?

I live in Leeds and wouldn't mind going to the uni as I have received an offer
The only problem is that I will probably see a lot of people from my primary and high school and high school was a dark time for me ..I have brown a lot since then but I'm scared it will all come back to me and I won't be meeting that many new people . The uni itself is great and I have heard good things from people close to me.
We have all had not so pleasant encounters during school. However, most of the time you will find that people have matured a lot. I'm not entirely sure what type of dark past you've had, but if it's really bad then maybe it's not so good to be around those people. But definitely do not move because of them, that is the definition of bullying, and you are the victim.
Reply 2
Original post by TheRealAdam1
We have all had not so pleasant encounters during school. However, most of the time you will find that people have matured a lot. I'm not entirely sure what type of dark past you've had, but if it's really bad then maybe it's not so good to be around those people. But definitely do not move because of them, that is the definition of bullying, and you are the victim.

No it wasn't bullying but i just Felton uncomfortable around some of them
Original post by s.mo
No it wasn't bullying but i just Felton uncomfortable around some of them

In that case, definitely stay in Leeds. :smile:
University of Leeds apparently has 25,000 undergraduates, and 34,000 students overall. There are so, so many new people you can meet, I bet!

Remember just because you've known people for a while it doesn't mean you have to hang out with them, even if you end up being in the same year of Uni as them. You can always unfriend those people on social media, or if they message you just say "Oh I'm sorry, I'm busy that night." and leave it at that. If you like Leeds, you should go for it! Don't let these other people hold you back.

Quick Reply

Latest