Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I live in Leeds and wouldn't mind going to the uni as I have received an offer
    The only problem is that I will probably see a lot of people from my primary and high school and high school was a dark time for me ..I have brown a lot since then but I'm scared it will all come back to me and I won't be meeting that many new people . The uni itself is great and I have heard good things from people close to me.

ReputationRep:
    We have all had not so pleasant encounters during school. However, most of the time you will find that people have matured a lot. I'm not entirely sure what type of dark past you've had, but if it's really bad then maybe it's not so good to be around those people. But definitely do not move because of them, that is the definition of bullying, and you are the victim.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheRealAdam1)
    We have all had not so pleasant encounters during school. However, most of the time you will find that people have matured a lot. I'm not entirely sure what type of dark past you've had, but if it's really bad then maybe it's not so good to be around those people. But definitely do not move because of them, that is the definition of bullying, and you are the victim.
    No it wasn't bullying but i just Felton uncomfortable around some of them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s.mo)
    No it wasn't bullying but i just Felton uncomfortable around some of them
    In that case, definitely stay in Leeds.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    University of Leeds apparently has 25,000 undergraduates, and 34,000 students overall. There are so, so many new people you can meet, I bet!

Remember just because you've known people for a while it doesn't mean you have to hang out with them, even if you end up being in the same year of Uni as them. You can always unfriend those people on social media, or if they message you just say "Oh I'm sorry, I'm busy that night." and leave it at that. If you like Leeds, you should go for it! Don't let these other people hold you back.

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.