Turn on thread page Beta

should i die my hair with henna watch

i have very thick dark brown hair (from my turkish dad’s genes) and do a while i’ve been debating whether or not to die my hair with henna (the proper stuff they use in the middle east, not the stuff from lush) and i was wondering if anyone else had some experience with it. i know applying it is really good for your hair because it acts like a hair mask with all the essential oils and stuff but i just wanted opinions

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't really show up on dark hair
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    my mum uses it for her hair to cover up white hairs, it doesn’t make a difference at all to her black hair but it just has a slight reddish tint when she’s in sunlight, barely noticeable though. but i wouldn’t recommend it bc it’s really messy and the shower looks disgusting when she’s done. but if you can be bothered then go for it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i have very thick dark brown hair (from my turkish dad’s genes) and do a while i’ve been debating whether or not to die my hair with henna (the proper stuff they use in the middle east, not the stuff from lush) and i was wondering if anyone else had some experience with it. i know applying it is really good for your hair because it acts like a hair mask with all the essential oils and stuff but i just wanted opinions
    i wouldn't use henna as it doesn't work well on dark hair, and can also give a reddish tint (which may not be what you want).
    What about regular hair dye?

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.