Turn on thread page Beta

Overthinking everything :( watch

So I’ve been chatting to this guy (we’re 16/17) for 3 months, we go to the same skl and have met up twice and kissed we generally chat a lot but recently we haven’t as much as he has a lot of work to do. The other evening he told me ‘goodnight’ and that he was gonna go to sleep cause he was tired but his snapmaps said he was still chatting for 40 mins which hurt that he’d lied but I just overthink everything like even if he sends one kiss instead of two I feel crap. In real life I do seem very chill tho and laid back not at all uptight and stressy like I seem here and in my head lol! I can’t help but feel crappy everytime something small happens like he’s on his phone and doesn’t decide to snap me. Ik it’s stupid but any advice for over thinking or any kinda words? X
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So I’ve been chatting to this guy (we’re 16/17) for 3 months, we go to the same skl and have met up twice and kissed we generally chat a lot but recently we haven’t as much as he has a lot of work to do. The other evening he told me ‘goodnight’ and that he was gonna go to sleep cause he was tired but his snapmaps said he was still chatting for 40 mins which hurt that he’d lied but I just overthink everything like even if he sends one kiss instead of two I feel crap. In real life I do seem very chill tho and laid back not at all uptight and stressy like I seem here and in my head lol! I can’t help but feel crappy everytime something small happens like he’s on his phone and doesn’t decide to snap me. Ik it’s stupid but any advice for over thinking or any kinda words? X
    Have you spoken to him about how you feel? He might not know and not be doing these things on purpose at all

(Original post by BurstingBubbles)
    Have you spoken to him about how you feel? He might not know and not be doing these things on purpose at all
    No and ik I should but I’m just worried that he’ll think I’m needy I think I’m just gonna try and chill out a bit and hopefully I’ll start to feel better soon

ReputationRep:
    Crap, I can relate to this so much. I'll tell you how to deal with this. Call it a "Social Media Retreat." Ditch snapchat for a bit, and whatever else you use to talk to him with. Chat at school, and just at school, if necessary, text him. BUT JUST TEXT! And with this, just use text to arrange when you'll next see him. Don't small talk over social media. Use time at school to do so. Removing social media will create the motivation to see each other outside of school. At the end of the day, don't live a relationship out through social media. I have done the same, and I always treated it as a way to suppress my need to see her. I've actually recently given up social media on the whole, and it's working. I've kept my accounts, but deleted the app for Facebook and Snapchat off of my phone so I don't get tempted. Only keeping it for perhaps University when I need to branch out a bit, but it's not necessary to constantly chat to someone who you like over social media.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 18, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.