Favourite films nominated for an Oscar this year? Watch

musikyle99
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I've seen 5 out of 9 of the films nominated for best picture (Dunkirk, Get Out, Phantom Thread, Three Billboards, and The Shape of Water). I think Three Billboards was my favourite overall, but they were all incredible in their own ways. I'm hoping to see Lady Bird very soon!

I think at the moment I'd like Guillermo del Toro for Best Director, Three Billboards for Best Picture, Daniel Day-Lewis for Best Actor, Francis McDormand for Best Actress, Coco for Best Animated Feature (though I'd also like Loving Vincent to win), Logan for Adapted Screenplay, Get Out for Original Screenplay, Dunkirk for Best Original Score, Blade Runner 2049 for Cinematography, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 for Visual Effects, and 'This is Me' from The Greatest Showman for Original Song.

What are other people hoping/predicting?
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by musikyle99)
I've seen 5 out of 9 of the films nominated for best picture (Dunkirk, Get Out, Phantom Thread, Three Billboards, and The Shape of Water). I think Three Billboards was my favourite overall, but they were all incredible in their own ways. I'm hoping to see Lady Bird very soon!

I think at the moment I'd like Guillermo del Toro for Best Director, Three Billboards for Best Picture, Daniel Day-Lewis for Best Actor, Francis McDormand for Best Actress, Coco for Best Animated Feature (though I'd also like Loving Vincent to win), Logan for Adapted Screenplay, Get Out for Original Screenplay, Dunkirk for Best Original Score, Blade Runner 2049 for Cinematography, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 for Visual Effects, and 'This is Me' from The Greatest Showman for Original Song.

What are other people hoping/predicting?
Predictions below:

Best Picture - The Shape of Water
Best Director - Guillermo del Toro
Best Actress - Frances McDermond (but I want Sally Hawkins to win)
Best Actor - Gary Oldman
Best Cinematography - Blade Runner 2049
Best Original Score - The Shape of Water
Best Supporting Actor - Sam Rockwell
Best Film Editing - Dunkirk
username2981082
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm really hoping The Shape of Water wins Best Picture and Best Director. It was a phenomenal film.

I think Frances McDormand should win Best Actress because she was really good in Three Billboards.
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I've just finished the last of the Best Picture Nominations, my favourites are The Shape of Water and Three Billboards, the latter of which is my prediction to take the award.
SAMHANLEY88
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
in hoping call me by your name wins one!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.74%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.68%
I don't think they'd understand (52)
15.25%
It might lead to more bullying (131)
38.42%
There's nothing they could do (102)
29.91%

Watched Threads