Turn on thread page Beta

What in tarnation is a literature review and can someone give me an example of one?? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm so heccin confused, my teacher didn't mention this and idk what to do anymore lmao

ReputationRep:
    I don't know either... one of my teachers told us to do one, but the other 2 teachers (we've had a crazy year) have told us to just write our essay in sections/subtitles.

If your teacher hasn't told you to do it then don't worry, maybe try asking them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Traore)
    I don't know either... one of my teachers told us to do one, but the other 2 teachers (we've had a crazy year) have told us to just write our essay in sections/subtitles.

If your teacher hasn't told you to do it then don't worry, maybe try asking them?
    Yeah, I'll have to ask her tbh. My friends were going on about it so that's why I was like lol wut, I've used subheadings so hopefully that'll suffice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S a i n t)
    Yeah, I'll have to ask her tbh. My friends were going on about it so that's why I was like lol wut, I've used subheadings so hopefully that'll suffice
    If your supervisor/coordinator is marking it, then I'd go with what they suggest. I honestly have no idea how EPQ works and I'm doing it.. I'm so far behind..

ReputationRep:
    If your supervisor/coordinator is marking it, then I'd go with what they suggest. I honestly have no idea how EPQ works and I'm doing it.. I'm so far behind..
    Ahh it's fine, it'll all end soon. It'll be a lot less stressful after the essay hopefully
    How many words do you still have to do?

ReputationRep:
    i think its using pre existing literature to make your arguments, and analysing them - through books, documents etc

ReputationRep:
    Ahh it's fine, it'll all end soon. It'll be a lot less stressful after the essay hopefully
    How many words do you still have to do?
    I've done about 3,000 words in total but it's all a mess.. I've done nothing this half term which I'm starting to regret..

ReputationRep:
    idk what to do anymore lmao
    mood @ life

ReputationRep:
    )
    (Original post by xnotapplicablex)
    mood @ life
    Honestly I'm so confused that I've literally given up and started procrastinating 24/7 (esp thru the holidays lmao)

ReputationRep:
    )

Honestly I'm so confused that I've literally given up and started procrastinating 24/7 (esp thru the holidays lmao)
    if this isnt me fr fr

ReputationRep:
    I've done about 3,000 words in total but it's all a mess.. I've done nothing this half term which I'm starting to regret..
    Honestly same lololol so much procrastination.
    I still have 1000 words to go, sort out my bibliography, go through my essay and it's all due this Tuesday :bawling:

Hopefully, we'll do well

ReputationRep:
    if this isnt me fr fr
    I'm going to end up as a homeless bum in a cardboard box in the future!!
    goals xx

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to end up as a homeless bum in a cardboard box in the future!!
    goals xx
    omg make sure you save enough room for me, hate being left out !!!

ReputationRep:
    omg make sure you save enough room for me, hate being left out !!!
    As long as you pay the rent and give me food
    Our parents and teachers r gonna be so proud of us!!!!

ReputationRep:
    As long as you pay the rent and give me food
    Our parents and teachers r gonna be so proud of us!!!!
    feeling like a disappointment is a hobby!!

ReputationRep:
    feeling like a disappointment is a hobby!!
    wow ur acc twin omg
    whats ur insta or sc my friend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s a i n t)
    honestly same lololol so much procrastination.
    I still have 1000 words to go, sort out my bibliography, go through my essay and it's all due this tuesday :bawling:

Hopefully, we'll do well :e
    wait is mine due on tuesday? ****kkk

ReputationRep:
    wait is mine due on tuesday? ****kkk
    LOOOOLLL idekkkkk,
    do you do your work on project q??, if you do they should have deadline dates i think

ReputationRep:
    It's just a really long essay where you cite the literature (use google scholar to find academic research). You talk about what different studies have found and where there is disagreement in the field, for instance. It's basically just a synthesis of everything out there related to your question.

ReputationRep:
    LOOOOLLL idekkkkk,
    do you do your work on project q??, if you do they should have deadline dates i think
    Our class just works on it during lessons and whenever we feel like it at home.. no deadlines given at all

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.