Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I wear glasses. My driving instructor did my eyesight test the other week and I struggled reading the plate. I had an eye test today and my optician told me that I DO meet the requirements for driving. Would I be able to tell or maybe get some sort of confirmation for this Incase I can’t read it on my test? I really want to pass and I know this will be what I fail on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ldoyle17)
    I wear glasses. My driving instructor did my eyesight test the other week and I struggled reading the plate. I had an eye test today and my optician told me that I DO meet the requirements for driving. Would I be able to tell or maybe get some sort of confirmation for this Incase I can’t read it on my test? I really want to pass and I know this will be what I fail on.
    did you have your glasses on when trying to read the numberplate?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheConfusedMedic)
    did you have your glasses on when trying to read the numberplate?
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ldoyle17)
    Yes
    that's strange. Perhaps go back and tell your optician this, so you can get a stronger prescription of glasses? With the right glasses, this shouldn't be a problem, and i really do doubt that the examiner will accept a letter of confirmation or anything like that tbh.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    If you can't read of a numberplate from the required distance at any given time, you're not fit to drive according to the DSA rules, so your optician's opinion means nothing to them.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes your eyesight gets a bit worse when you are nervous or tired, it might be the case. If it continues you can ask to recheck it and wear stronger glasses just for driving. I know you don't have to be 20/20 to legally drive, but sometimes it is better having 20/20 vision on the road.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.