Turn on thread page Beta

Black panther watch

ReputationRep:
    I loved it, as I do with any marvel movie (I don’t care if they’re ‘bad’ or not, I’m a sucker for any marvel movie )

And some people are saying that they didn’t know who the man was in the end credit scene? I’ve already said this but - it’s Bucky Barnes. Google him.

You need to remember that all Marvel movies are linked in some way, even ones like Black Panther or Doctor Strange...etc. So, if you haven’t already - GO AND WATCH THEM! (And don’t even think about going to see Infinity War before you do!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Monclér)
    You must be white?
    Well, I’m white, and I loved it, so...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smoggie)
    I would much rather order some pizza, turn the TV on and watch discovery channel to see them in their natural habitat
    What a disgusting thing to say.

How low must your life be for you to troll with racist remarks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bekka662)
    Well, I’m white, and I loved it, so...
    Yea so, I was just asking if the person was white?

ReputationRep:
    What a disgusting thing to say.

How low must your life be for you to troll with racist remarks?
    Very disgusting and very low indeed.

ReputationRep:
    Yea so, I was just asking if the person was white?
    I thought that because they’d said that they dislike the movie you automatically assumed they were white - in other words, you assumed that all white people will hate BP. I guess I assumed wrong then? Sorry...it’s been a long day for me :/

ReputationRep:
    You must be white?
    Hurr durr you dont like movie that happens to have loads of black people so you are racist

ReputationRep:
    I thought that because they’d said that they dislike the movie you automatically assumed they were white - in other words, you assumed that all white people will hate BP. I guess I assumed wrong then? Sorry...it’s been a long day for me :/
    They did assume that pretty much..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stop888)
    Look at me, I'm so funny. If you actually had any reading comprehension skills you would see that I didn't ask why you watched the movie

Another salty white b ****. Blocked
    Can't figure what that censored word was, but I'm not white.

You open a thread on a public forum. Anyone can post anything they like, as long as the comments are within the rules of the forum.

If you can't accept that, perhaps you should rethink posting on a public forum next time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AperfectBalance)
    Hurr durr you dont like movie that happens to have loads of black people so you are racist
    And that's exactly the point of my random comment - somehow seeing and liking a film is now something to do with one's perceived ethnicity. Or indeed, in the context of this thread, not throwing out explicit praises and you're a "white b*****".

It's simply really toxic now, black people can't possibly be criticized for anything, and all awards and praises must be reserved for black people only. It's like how the Latino-Asian-Jewish mixed Hawaiian Bruno Mars winning Grammys as the very first Asian man to win Album of the Year and only the third Hispanic act to do so, yet it's still somehow a representation of "oppression" against "underrepresented groups" (translation: black people, who by the way aren't underrepresented among AOTY winners).

ReputationRep:
    Watched it for the 3rd time today, rocked up in full trad the first time There were moments when I was close to tears just because of the imagery, made me miss my home country even though I was born and raised here in Europe. Don't know if it's te "best" MCU movie because Winter Soldier and Civil War are just that phenomenal, but it might easily be the most significant along with Iron Man in terms of moving the game forward and becoming a cultural phenomenon. It wasn't perfect but so much of it was so good!

All the M'Baku scenes were my favorite, dude was just too funny 😂
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Why are these people so bothered coming with their unnecessary remarks. The movie must have really hit a nerve with them lmao. Keep crying
    you do realise that they're just trolling or being sarcastic.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely loved Black Panther! Watched it in Peckham and the atmosphere in the cinema was amazing. Everyone was just enjoying every part of it and as someone who has watched the most Marvel movies I would definitely say BP has gone straight or the top of the list for me! One of the reasons why I feel I enjoyed it so much is because of how much I could relate to it and how much I wished there had been a movie like it when I was younger. BAME people are underrepresented in Hollywood and this movie has proved that a movie with an mostly black cast that doesn't oversexualise women can be successful both in the US and abroad. You don't have to love it or want to watch for the same reason that I did, but I definitely think it's worth watching. Either way the movie has triggered discussions that have been ignored for a long time.

ReputationRep:
    It was a good movie. I thought Thor: Ragnarok was more enjoyable to watch though
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Went to see it last night. Rocked up in African clothing. Best movie I've watched in my life. The hype was totally worth it.

Anyone else seen it and what did you think of it?
    I intend to watch it in the cinema with friends. Have just watched Marvel films recently, that would be my first DC after a long time. I am so excited.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.