Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    The college I am applying for only allows you to submit two applications for courses that start in August, I just submitted an application (moments before asking this) for a general education course and I am also wishing to apply for a Higher level applied science course, can I use the same personal statement that I just used for the general education course? (it talks about how I want to persue a career in science and how I need these qualifications to allow me to study at uni) or do I need to start from scratch?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheClashAtKatie)
    The college I am applying for only allows you to submit two applications for courses that start in August, I just submitted an application (moments before asking this) for a general education course and I am also wishing to apply for a Higher level applied science course, can I use the same personal statement that I just used for the general education course? (it talks about how I want to persue a career in science and how I need these qualifications to allow me to study at uni) or do I need to start from scratch?
    I think you will be okay using the same one, but I would alter it a little bit to talk about the science course or the education course in general. For instance what excites you about that course rather than any of the other courses and link that to your career aims if that makes sense.

I'm only saying this from experience of applying to multiple of the same course at different places. I had to write why I wanted to study that course there rather than it being general
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophhFrog)
    I think you will be okay using the same one, but I would alter it a little bit to talk about the science course or the education course in general. For instance what excites you about that course rather than any of the other courses and link that to your career aims if that makes sense.

I'm only saying this from experience of applying to multiple of the same course at different places. I had to write why I wanted to study that course there rather than it being general
    Thank you very much for the advice, I'll keep it in mind and alter my personal statement for my second application ^_^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheClashAtKatie)
    Thank you very much for the advice, I'll keep it in mind and alter my personal statement for my second application ^_^
    You're welcome. It shouldn't matter too much really cause your career aims link to the course. But I suppose you can add a sentence or something about why you want to do that college course
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 17, 2018

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Teesside University
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.