Turn on thread page Beta

Possible DVT with rigevidon? watch

Hi,

I am probably just being incredibly paranoid, but I want some reassurance and advice, if possible. My doctor put me on birth control to help lighten my periods and make them less painful (they're so bad, I can barely walk for the first few days). I've literally only taken one pill and already I have an aching pain in my leg. Now, I am really hoping that it won't be a DVT after only taking one bloody pill. The thing is I have really had anxiety and it's been awful at the minute due to a bereavement. I just don't know what to do, I keep panicking and I'm so scared, all over one little pill. Any help is much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    it does sound like paranoia to be honest. could even be psychosomatic (you causing the symptoms mentally)

(Original post by Gabrielo1)
    it does sound like paranoia to be honest. could even be psychosomatic (you causing the symptoms mentally)
    Thank you so much for your quick response! Thinking about it, I have had psychosomatic symptoms before (convinced myself I was having a heart attack when it was actually a panic attack).

Hey I'm not sure DVT will come on after taking one pill, it takes a couple of days for the pill to get into your system and start working properly I think your aching pain in your leg may be psychological you are going through a lot at the moment I do recommend you speak to who prescribed you the pill maybe you have read before going on to the pill that there is a higher risk of DVT maybe your leg just started hurting and you've been over thinking about it and worrying it can make the pain seem worse i used to think I had DVT because my calf muscle was big and started aching but it was because I do a lot of walking. go and see your doctor as they would be the best person to talk to about this
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 22, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.