Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview for the foundation pharmacy course at Keele Uni and was wondering could someone please give some advice what I should/shouldn't do/say at the interview.
    Also, would it be inappropriate for me to wear black converse to a uni interview??
    Thanks!! 😊
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by a_m15)
    I have an interview for the foundation pharmacy course at Keele Uni and was wondering could someone please give some advice what I should/shouldn't do/say at the interview.
    Also, would it be inappropriate for me to wear black converse to a uni interview??
    Thanks!! 😊
    MR's top 3 tips for a successful interview:

- Act comfortable not confident. Trying to appear confident risks looking cocky. Behave as though you are enjoying being in the environment and that the idea of a one-to-one is something you would like and be suited to. So relax and feel as though you fit naturally into that academic environment.

- THINK ALOUD. This is the big one. Listen to the question, think about the answer, communicate these thoughts to the interviewer. Don't feel that you have to deliver a succinct answer quickly: this is a discussion, not a quiz. The interviewers wish to see your thought pattern, they wish to see the logic you are following in order to reach your point of conclusion (i.e. your definitive answer). Don't rush that. Don't be afraid of silence either, but if you are thinking seriously about the question then do it out loud.:yep:

- Stop and evaluate yourself as you go. Don't feel like you need to stick rigidly to everything you've said. I found myself partly disagreeing with my first sentence in my response after I'd thought about it (aloud) for a couple of minutes. Don't be afraid to stop and say "well actually, when I first said that... it might actually be ..." This doesn't show indecision, it shows you're open to other ideas and it means you're making your answer stronger. The interviewers will try to throw problems at the answers you give anyway, so anticipate what those might be as you're delivering your response and answer them before they're asked.

They'll probably ask why Keele, and why Pharmacy.

And no, I don't think black converse would be inappropriate in the slightest.:nah:

ReputationRep:
    Omg thank you so much for this. What if I don't actually know the answer to "why Keele?", what should i say??
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by a_m15)
    Omg thank you so much for this. What if I don't actually know the answer to "why Keele?", what should i say??
    Get thinking of an answer now. Doesn't have to be 100% truthful if a different university is your favourite.:wink2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    Get thinking of an answer now. Doesn't have to be 100% truthful if a different university is your favourite.:wink2:
    Okay thank you!!

If you don't mind me asking, if you are currently in uni, which uni do you go to and what course do you do??
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by a_m15)
    Okay thank you!!

If you don't mind me asking, if you are currently in uni, which uni do you go to and what course do you do??
    I'm at Keele. And I'm studying Education and History.:yep:

ReputationRep:
    I'm at Keele. And I'm studying Education and History.:yep:
    Ahh cool cool.

Is Keele far away from the city centre?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by a_m15)
    Ahh cool cool.

Is Keele far away from the city centre?
    15 minute bus ride from Newcastle-under-Lyme.

ReputationRep:
    15 minute bus ride from Newcastle-under-Lyme.
    Oh okay thats not too bad then ))

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 18, 2018
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.