Does this seem like a good revision method?

Watch
Traore
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm in Year 12 currently, with mocks next monrh.

I have obtained green exercise books for biology, blue for psychology, orange for sociology.

For each unit (e.g. biological molecules, social influence, families and households etc) I'm dedicating one exercise book towards it.

I'm making simple notes with colour and illustrations to help me remember it.

Where possible, I'm trying to phrase my notes so that they fit exam questions (although I don't really know much about what questions exist).

I'm doing a topic a day for each subject (smaller topics within each unit). I haven't been revising yet this year though, but I thought I'd get my life together and start today.

Eventually I'll get some practice papers, try answering them, mark them and then learn from my mistakes. I'll add/change my notes if I have to.

Does this sound effective?
Y1_UniMaths
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Sounds excellent!
JammieDodger27
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Do a timetable to ensure you finish with plenty of time for past papers. Work out how many days till your exams, take off time past papers and then assign each day a topic (maybe skipping a day a week to allow for any missed days). Also include time to review past topics because you’ll need a quick refresher of topics you cover now before the exam in 3 months.

You should use your in-class assessments and the specification for each exam to guide your notes on each topic.

But yes, that sounds like it could be effective provided you stick to the plan.

Good luck! It’ll be worth it in August
Assembly
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
sounds good man. Have you considered using flashcards in conjunction with your notes? I've found using flashcards with colour-coordinated notes useful: the notes for an archive of info in my own examproof words, and flashcards to drill the key content into my head. Just a thought, but I like the sound of your plan, you'll thank yourself for making those notes come exam seqson haha
Traore
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by JammieDodger27)
Do a timetable to ensure you finish with plenty of time for past papers. Work out how many days till your exams, take off time past papers and then assign each day a topic (maybe skipping a day a week to allow for any missed days). Also include time to review past topics because you’ll need a quick refresher of topics you cover now before the exam in 3 months.

You should use your in-class assessments and the specification for each exam to guide your notes on each topic.

But yes, that sounds like it could be effective provided you stick to the plan.

Good luck! It’ll be worth it in August
I have no idea how to find the specification
JammieDodger27
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Traore)
I have no idea how to find the specification
Google!

E.g "AQA Physics A-Level Specification" but replace with your exam board and subject.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (58)
22.48%
Excited but a bit nervous (117)
45.35%
Not bothered either way (34)
13.18%
I'm really nervous (49)
18.99%

Watched Threads