Turn on thread page Beta

Advice?? watch

There’s a guy I’ve liked for a couple of months now and we’ve been friends for a few years. Over the past few months though we’ve been getting on really well and flirting. He’s a really great guy. I thought he might ask me out but I wasn’t sure because I’m not very good at reading into people’s feelings and showing my own feelings. I’m worried that I appeared to show no interest in him even though I was definitely interested. We’re still friends but he has a girlfriend now. Obviously I’m not going to interfere in their relationship and I’m glad that he’s happy but I’m confused because I genuinely thought he liked me. What are your thoughts? Also should I tell him how I really feel without trying to split up their relationship? I feel like I should be honest
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I ended a relationship of 2 years only recently :/ I would leave it, there's plenty more fish in the sea, and it's a bit harsh to ruin his chance with someone else. If you like him, you'll do what makes him happy.

ReputationRep:
    I think you should talk to him about it and just let him know how you feel

ReputationRep:
    i was in a similar position, do you think bc you like him you read him wrong??? idk when you like someone a lot its easy to misinterpret their signs
    let them break up loool then take your chance

ReputationRep:
    Btw, it wasn't my relationship

(Original post by jsk800)
    I ended a relationship of 2 years only recently :/ I would leave it, there's plenty more fish in the sea, and it's a bit harsh to ruin his chance with someone else. If you like him, you'll do what makes him happy.
    Aw I’m sorry :/ good advice, thank you. It’s hard though when I have to see him frequently

Btw, it wasn't my relationship
    Ohh okay

(Original post by PandaQueen)
    I think you should talk to him about it and just let him know how you feel
    Okay thank you

ReputationRep:
    Give him the D
    oh wait..... you don't have a D

Give him the P then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james ionicbond)
    Give him the D
    oh wait..... you don't have a D

Give him the P then
    What's the P?

(Original post by xnotapplicablex)
    i was in a similar position, do you think bc you like him you read him wrong??? idk when you like someone a lot its easy to misinterpret their signs
    let them break up loool then take your chance
    The only reason I realised I liked him was because of the way he was acting around me. You do have a point though. Haha honestly I just want him to be happy and if he’s happier with her than he is with me then that’s okay, but I feel like if he did like me, the only reason he didn’t make a move was because he thought I didn’t like him if that makes any sense

What's the P?
    Good question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    The only reason I realised I liked him was because of the way he was acting around me. You do have a point though. Haha honestly I just want him to be happy and if he’s happier with her than he is with me then that’s okay, but I feel like if he did like me, the only reason he didn’t make a move was because he thought I didn’t like him if that makes any sense
    na igy, and you seem sweet im sure he'll get to his senses soon, good luck <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    There’s a guy I’ve liked for a couple of months now and we’ve been friends for a few years. Over the past few months though we’ve been getting on really well and flirting. He’s a really great guy. I thought he might ask me out but I wasn’t sure because I’m not very good at reading into people’s feelings and showing my own feelings. I’m worried that I appeared to show no interest in him even though I was definitely interested. We’re still friends but he has a girlfriend now. Obviously I’m not going to interfere in their relationship and I’m glad that he’s happy but I’m confused because I genuinely thought he liked me. What are your thoughts? Also should I tell him how I really feel without trying to split up their relationship? I feel like I should be honest
    Yo I got you it's either one of two things. The dude was tryna pull a satan deception (he tryna get the puh for free) or he got you with his charms in which case snap out of it. Plenty more dudes in the sea. Now there is one more viable reason he could be just like you in the sense that he couldn't read you and he went to his friend his friend told him to tell you he likes you he shyed off and didn't bother following that premium advice and he went on to the next girl (who mind you will end up using him cause **** I don't know thats how **** works). Aight hopefully that helps you and **** oh and if you ever need to talk to someone well sheeeet you gots to talk to some family or teacher (Cause that's definitely gonna help) Or you could talk to me but imma level with ya mans here as a spectre i'm here now but the next minute i'm out like a rat with a pill up his (you get the point).

ReputationRep:
    Tell me about yourself por favor.

(Original post by xnotapplicablex)
    na igy, and you seem sweet im sure he'll get to his senses soon, good luck <3
    Aw thank you so much! X

ReputationRep:
    What's the P?
    The Pussay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AspiringAccount)
    Yo I got you it's either one of two things. The dude was tryna pull a satan deception (he tryna get the puh for free) or he got you with his charms in which case snap out of it. Plenty more dudes in the sea. Now there is one more viable reason he could be just like you in the sense that he couldn't read you and he went to his friend his friend told him to tell you he likes you he shyed off and didn't bother following that premium advice and he went on to the next girl (who mind you will end up using him cause **** I don't know thats how **** works). Aight hopefully that helps you and **** oh and if you ever need to talk to someone well sheeeet you gots to talk to some family or teacher (Cause that's definitely gonna help) Or you could talk to me but imma level with ya mans here as a spectre i'm here now but the next minute i'm out like a rat with a pill up his (you get the point).
    i appreciate you more and more with every post of yours i see ngl

(Original post by AspiringAccount)
    Wow that’s really interesting to read lol, I do see what you’re saying though so thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james ionicbond)
    The Pussay
    AHHHHHH I see

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 18, 2018
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.