Turn on thread page Beta

making friends in a new sixth form ? watch

ReputationRep:
    I’m moving school for sixth form this September and I’m kinda nervous but also super excited, I was wondering if anyone has any tips on making new friends in sixth form? At my school I’m at now everyone is grouped into the groups they were designated in year 7 (even though I’m “friendly” with everyone and I have friends in all the friend groups, unfortunately I was super shy in year 7 so I was grouped with the outcasts) I’ve never been invited to a party and I only have a small group of friends who I go out with, and in sixth form I’d like to take the opportunity to come out of my shell and make a bigger group of friends and maybe even get invited out with more people?!

My only issue is, even though I’ve become so much more confident over the last couple of years, I’m really scared of turning up and not being able to talk to anyone? Anyone have any ideas of how I can make friends with lots of people and not get shoved into the outcasts friendgroup again with a load of people I don’t like????

Any advice or experiences are appreciated!!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Walk up to people and start with "Ay wagwan piffting, what's your bbm pin?"

Or just wait until your first lesson, then you'll meet people who sit near you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jsk800)
    Walk up to people and start with "Ay wagwan piffting, what's your bbm pin?"

Or just wait until your first lesson, then you'll meet people who sit near you.
    Bruh i gotta know where u got that line from. 💀💀

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Radioactivedecay)
    Bruh i gotta know where u got that line from. 💀💀
    Fam that was standard gyal chirps in 2012 :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    A hella lotta YouTube - Memeulous to be specific. Helped me pick up this girl from way back. However, I recently ended a 2 year relationship Wasn't mine though.

ReputationRep:
    try playing team sports. even if youre not good at it, you'll still meet new people and it' good convo when you see these people again

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 18, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.