The Student Room Group

making friends in a new sixth form ?

I’m moving school for sixth form this September and I’m kinda nervous but also super excited, I was wondering if anyone has any tips on making new friends in sixth form? At my school I’m at now everyone is grouped into the groups they were designated in year 7 (even though I’m “friendly” with everyone and I have friends in all the friend groups, unfortunately I was super shy in year 7 so I was grouped with the outcasts) I’ve never been invited to a party and I only have a small group of friends who I go out with, and in sixth form I’d like to take the opportunity to come out of my shell and make a bigger group of friends and maybe even get invited out with more people?!

My only issue is, even though I’ve become so much more confident over the last couple of years, I’m really scared of turning up and not being able to talk to anyone? Anyone have any ideas of how I can make friends with lots of people and not get shoved into the outcasts friendgroup again with a load of people I don’t like????

Any advice or experiences are appreciated!!
Walk up to people and start with "Ay wagwan piffting, what's your bbm pin?"

Or just wait until your first lesson, then you'll meet people who sit near you.
Original post by jsk800
Walk up to people and start with "Ay wagwan piffting, what's your bbm pin?"

Or just wait until your first lesson, then you'll meet people who sit near you.

Bruh i gotta know where u got that line from. 💀💀
Original post by Radioactivedecay
Bruh i gotta know where u got that line from. 💀💀

Fam that was standard gyal chirps in 2012 :rofl:
A hella lotta YouTube - Memeulous to be specific. Helped me pick up this girl from way back. However, I recently ended a 2 year relationship :frown: Wasn't mine though.
try playing team sports. even if youre not good at it, you'll still meet new people and it' good convo when you see these people again

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending