Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I would like to know any good topics people found effective for their GCSE English speaking exam as mine’s is in a few months and I still have no clue what to talk about!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Hangrac24)
    I would like to know any good topics people found effective for their GCSE English speaking exam as mine’s is in a few months and I still have no clue what to talk about!
    Talk about something you know well, as it’ll be easier to answer their questions. I spoke about eczema as it’s something I know inside out.

What hobbies/interests do you have?

ReputationRep:
    I like music and things like that, might do something about music therapy, I know quite a lot about that! Thank you

ReputationRep:
    I talked about why feminism was still necessary despite media portrayal etc. because it is something i am (really) passionate avout and interested in and it was something that i knew i could speak for longer than the required time (so i knew I'd have a lot to say). We were advised to pick an issue or problem or belief rather than simply a topic i.e football because it meant we'd be more likely to hit the top marks. If you need any advice let me know

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, that’s really helpful. Is there a limit to how many questions people ask you, do you know?

ReputationRep:
    Just chose something that you are knowledgable about and will be able to answer random questions on without any difficulty

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, that’s really helpful. Is there a limit to how many questions people ask you, do you know?
    I dont think so i think as long as someone has asked you 1 or 2 questions then you could have as many questions as you want

ReputationRep:
    Stigma around mental health? If you’re passionate about it you will easily get a distinction. Why footballers get paid more than soldiers? Does equality really exist?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much, I am very interested in the stigma of mental health.

ReputationRep:
    Talk about a topic you’re passionate about or interested in, so that you have a lot to express and won’t run out of things to say so easily. I chose to talk about the importance of music and it was quite a good, easy subject to make a speech about

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much, I am very interested in the stigma of mental health.
    Remember to keep looking at the audience, sound passionate and ask rhetorical questions such as ‘what if it was your son or daughter?’ And be prepared for questions asked such as how would you change this, you could mention raise awareness from a young age, get the school systems to mention mental health more and not make it seem like something that people are weak etc, hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much! This helps so much x

ReputationRep:
    I heard somewhere that you could talk about a show or tv programme you really enjoy? is that true?

ReputationRep:
    yes- you can talk about pretty much anything you want

ReputationRep:
    the nhs and whether they are funded enough, or nurses and if there pay is good enough and why, does their pay match up to all the time and help they give patients

ReputationRep:
    You might find this boring but I did 'Everyone must vote ' as it was the centenary of when women got the vote. Also I got asked 3 questions at the end.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you everyone these are really interesting suggestions!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 18, 2018

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.