Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

So Im study three a levels at the moment, I study from many mental probslems such as depression, anxiety and BDD which is ruining my life really and has also been hard for me throughout a levels. I’m failing all three of my subjects and have been spoken to by the school multiple times that if this carries on I’m going to be kicked out. So should I just leave now and save the stress of exams or carry on and see where things go?

I'm really sorry for how you're feeling at the moment. During my A Levels I ended up failing because of a lack of support and I just couldn't handle it anymore. Have you been to a GP or talked to a teacher about your mental health? Usually when the school knows they can cater to your needs and give you more support. Not all schools are great at this (I know from personal experience), I knew completely I would fail but the school forced me to stay because they didn't want to have a student leaving on their records. So I failed everything and was a lot more depressed than I could've been if I was able to leave. My best advice is to talk to the school about your mental health, hopefully they can support you and will give you some options. Do you have any plans for after A Levels? If you don't have any yet don't worry, I didn't have anything in place until August, but I'd advise you stay on until you have an idea or you definitely know what you want to do next. If there's a chance you'll pass your A levels with some support from school then try and keep going. You;ll be surprised how some support can make you feel, just having people understand and know what you're going through, they'll put less pressure on you and you'll put less pressure on yourself. You've been studying for 2 years and worked really hard, you will probably feel better going through with it and getting a grade, but if it's really damaging your mental health then talk to your school about options and they should be helpful. If you're not enjoying your subjects and are worried about the future, remember a levels is not the final judgement on what you do next. You can do another 2 years of either A levels that you will enjoy, or do a btec course for 2 years which is equal to 3 A levels. I went into a 2 year BTEC course and it was a great decision, even though it was quite last minute. It's something I enjoy a lot more than the A levels I did and there's a bit less pressure and you tend to get more support. You could also do an apprenticeship which a few of my friends did and they prefer doing that rather than a levels.

I really hope you get the support you need and deserve! Let me know if you have any questions or just want someone to talk to
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 18, 2018
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.