Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What are good artists to look at for In the News theme for new art GCSE exam?! Please help. Need this info ASAP!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Im not currently doing art gcse, tho I can help you out if you write out what the question is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starlight22)
    Im not currently doing art gcse, tho I can help you out if you write out what the question is
    basically as part of my exam I have to do artist research page so I have to find an Artist that does work inspired by news so like Andy Warhol does pop art of celebrities and all famous stuff. But I need another artist.

ReputationRep:
    Banksy has done multiple pieces influenced by things in the news, including his The Walled Off hotel which apparently has the worst view in the world over looking a border between Palestine and Israel, to comment on the conflict there.

Picasso's Guernica was created in response after hearing that the village of Guernica in Spain had been bombed as a result go the Spanish Civil War, and is widely regarded as an antiwar piece. He also created the drawing of a dove as a symbol for peace, and thus has been used since as an icon for peace and anti-war.

Theres also the artist couple of Iri and Toshi Maruki who ended up painting scenes of Hiroshima, as they had both lived through the aftermath of the atomic bombs there

For more recent examples there Kehinde Wiley, who painted the new portrait of Barack Obama at the National Portrait Gallery.

If you're interested in celebrities, Christine Cornell is a courtroom artist and has done pictures of Trump, Martha Stewart, Woody Allen, and a whole bunch of other famous people whilst they've been on trial.

I hope this helped!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starlight22)
    Banksy has done multiple pieces influenced by things in the news, including his The Walled Off hotel which apparently has the worst view in the world over looking a border between Palestine and Israel, to comment on the conflict there.

Picasso's Guernica was created in response after hearing that the village of Guernica in Spain had been bombed as a result go the Spanish Civil War, and is widely regarded as an antiwar piece. He also created the drawing of a dove as a symbol for peace, and thus has been used since as an icon for peace and anti-war.

Theres also the artist couple of Iri and Toshi Maruki who ended up painting scenes of Hiroshima, as they had both lived through the aftermath of the atomic bombs there

For more recent examples there Kehinde Wiley, who painted the new portrait of Barack Obama at the National Portrait Gallery.

If you're interested in celebrities, Christine Cornell is a courtroom artist and has done pictures of Trump, Martha Stewart, Woody Allen, and a whole bunch of other famous people whilst they've been on trial.

I hope this helped!
    omg! Yass! Thank you soo much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theaugustev)
    omg! Yass! Thank you soo much!
    Im happy I could help! btw, if you ever need art help feel free to message me, Ive gone through GCSE and A level so I know what its like

ReputationRep:
    Im doing Andy Warhol and Zephani Jong. Jong is an American artist who mostly works in graphite pencil and her work mostly focuses on modern celebrities such as Billie Ellish and Troye Sivian but her most famous works are done on postit notes and depict vines which tbh is the reason i chose her as an artist for my project. You can find her at @zephanijong on twitter and instagram. Im really struggling with finding my 3rd artist and my work is due for inspection on Wednesday 😑

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Warhol, Delacroix, Shepard Fairey as studies but I'm also looking at individual paintings: Picasso's Guernica, Charles I in three positions by Sir Anthony van Dyck and I'm also looking at messages such as Banksy's 'Walled Off Hotel' for my development towards a final piece

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 6, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.