Turn on thread page Beta

Please can someone help me work out my classification? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi - I am awful at Maths.

The second year is worth 40%: 20 credits per module.

60, 58, 65, 65, 58, 64.

The third year is worth 60%: 20 credits per module albeit the disso.

69, 70 ...

Am I currently on a 2.1? What must I average hereafter for a 2.1 overall because I am bricking my disso.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RosieAppleLemon)
    Hi - I am awful at Maths.

The second year is worth 40%: 20 credits per module.

60, 58, 65, 65, 58, 64.

The third year is worth 60%: 20 credits per module albeit the disso.

69, 70 ...

Am I currently on a 2.1? What must I average hereafter for a 2.1 overall because I am bricking my disso.

Thanks.
    Second year average = 61.6.

To fall below 60% overall, you would need to get below 58.9% in third year. Given that you have 69.5% so far in third year, you would need to average less than 54% in your remaining 80 credits to end up below 60% overall.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot!

So, essentially I need a 54% average on every assignment, including the disso?

(Original post by ageshallnot)
    Second year average = 61.6.

To fall below 60% overall, you would need to get below 58.9% in third year. Given that you have 69.5% so far in third year, you would need to average less than 54% in your remaining 80 credits to end up below 60% overall.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot!

So, essentially I need a 54% average on every assignment, including the disso?
    You need to average 54% over everything else you do. How many credits is your dissertation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ageshallnot)
    You need to average 54% over everything else you do. How many credits is your dissertation?

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so that's half your remaining credits. So for every mark below 54 you get in your dissertation, you will need to average a mark above 54 in your other two modules. For example, if you get 50 in your dissertation you would need to average 58 in your other modules.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 21, 2018
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.