Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Afew students on my course, as well as me have recieved very low grades in our assignments. Usually I wouldn't think of this as a problem, however, every single one of us have been marked by the same lecturer, with near enough the same grades. On top of this we all recieved abysmal feedback, which that included scattered question marks and a total of 3 words in the feeback section. Also, it turns out this lecturer was on holiday during the time of marking. It just seemed like she couldn't be bothered to mark.

Furthermore, I worked in a pair and my partner recieved a high 2.1, whereas I recieved a low third and our assignments were very similar.

I've talked to the lecturers and they stated that I cannot get a remark as that is "not allowed", is that ******** or is this worth using one of my appeals?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mayalowe)
    Afew students on my course, as well as me have recieved very low grades in our assignments. Usually I wouldn't think of this as a problem, however, every single one of us have been marked by the same lecturer, with near enough the same grades. On top of this we all recieved abysmal feedback, which that included scattered question marks and a total of 3 words in the feeback section. Also, it turns out this lecturer was on holiday during the time of marking. It just seemed like she couldn't be bothered to mark.

Furthermore, I worked in a pair and my partner recieved a high 2.1, whereas I recieved a low third and our assignments were very similar.

I've talked to the lecturers and they stated that I cannot get a remark as that is "not allowed", is that ******** or is this worth using one of my appeals?
    Year one ? i wouldnt waste my air, your gonna get some bad grades its a building process...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Realitysreflexx)
    Year one ? i wouldnt waste my air, your gonna get some bad grades its a building process...
    I'm in my second year

ReputationRep:
    I'm in my second year
    Second year is always a step up, did you honesly put the effort in?

Sometimes you get unlucky,
    im a first year at Nottingham i got really harshly marked on an assignment a 45 lol.. looked up the marker full on professor and he was a 3rd year full on Dr strategic management (only taught in yr 3).

It happens appealing is really really impossible, because academics will always support academics...you can make it up somewhere else akong the way,

your second is likely similar to mine 33/67 so maximum its one module that breaks down to maybe 7% of your degree worst case...not worth the fuss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Realitysreflexx)
    Second year is always a step up, did you honesly put the effort in?

Sometimes you get unlucky,
    im a first year at Nottingham i got really harshly marked on an assignment a 45 lol.. looked up the marker full on professor and he was a 3rd year full on Dr strategic management (only taught in yr 3).

It happens appealing is really really impossible, because academics will always support academics...you can make it up somewhere else akong the way,

your second is likely similar to mine 33/67 so maximum its one module that breaks down to maybe 7% of your degree worst case...not worth the fuss.
    Yeah, I see your point. It's 25/75 for me, so i'm guessing I should put majority of my effort into the third year. It just frustrates me because I really do try with all my assignments and this is the only one where I feel that i've been unfairly graded. But i'll take everything you said into consideration. Thankyou for the response 😊

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I see your point. It's 25/75 for me, so i'm guessing I should put majority of my effort into the third year. It just frustrates me because I really do try with all my assignments and this is the only one where I feel that i've been unfairly graded. But i'll take everything you said into consideration. Thankyou for the response 😊
    Best of luck, you still have this semester also just keep working hard it will payoff!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 18, 2018

University open days

• University of Salford
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.