Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Going to going to university in September and I'm just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to maintain a decent bodybuilding diet on a budget? If anyone is doing it atm could they throw me some tips and maybe tell me if they're still able to afford going out and what sacrifices are made? Any information is appreciated
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by hashtag99)
    Going to going to university in September and I'm just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to maintain a decent bodybuilding diet on a budget? If anyone is doing it atm could they throw me some tips and maybe tell me if they're still able to afford going out and what sacrifices are made? Any information is appreciated
    Hey! Going to give this a quick bump and I'll also move this over to the Fitness subforum. Plenty of people trying to keep fit on a budget over there
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Just have to watch what you’re buying, avoid the expensive snacks and spend more on bulk buying stable foods and protein sources.
    Rice and pasta are super cheap and loads of dishes can be made from them relatively easily
    Perhaps think about a part-time job if you’re actually skint

ReputationRep:
    Buy a huge bag of oats. That is breakfast pretty much every day. every other meal will be anything in a tin. Tinned fish, beef etc, chop up some tomato onion, salt pepper and boom. you can get 5 meals a day for around £30 a week. If you only eat like 2 or 3 times a day then like £15-20 p/week
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Whey protein, eggs and tuna are some of the cheapest protein sources.

Rice, pasta and oats are some of the cheapest carbs.

Milk and peanut butter are cheap sources of fats.

Most tinned foods are a combination of all of the above, and they're cheap. There's a lot of salt in them though, which isn't inherently bad but just don't eat tinned food every meal and you'll be fine.

Don't forget your fruits and veggies! A big 1kg bag of mixed frozen veg or green beans is like £1.

ReputationRep:
    Eggs, tuna, chicken, protein powder, rice, pasta, porridge

90% of your diet focussed around the above, buy in bulk.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.