Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi there!
    This is the first time ever I am applying to participate in the student's international exchange program. Thus, I'd never written any kind of motivation letters before. So I would be really happy if anybody could tell me how I can improve my letter.

Thank you in advance and of course, I'm not Kylie Jenner lol

Motivation letter
    Dear Members of the Selection Committee,

My name is Kylie Jenner and I am a second-year student in Advertising & Public Relations at the Faculty of Marketing, Plekhanov Russian University of Economics. I am delighted to seize this unique, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity which will expand my solid education and create new opportunities for my future career. I am particularly interested in studying in the Netherlands because of its multicultural environment, innovative education system and a wide range of programs taught in English.

As I have always planned to spend some time abroad during my studies, I am eager to enrich my knowledge, get insight into Dutch educational system, develop my professional individuality and experience the student’s life abroad. I am excited to exchange ideas with different people all over the world and hear their perspectives. Since my studying field is connected to communications, it is important for me to deeply understand cross-cultural differences and improve international communicative skills. Therefore, doing an exchange semester is an integral part of my studies.

Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences is my first choice for my stay due to a variety of programmes they offer and The Business Innovation Research Centre. On the Rotterdam University’s website I went through a list of the professors and one of them, Dr. Peter Ester, a sociologist with over 35 years of experience in cross-national and cross-cultural survey research, has really touched me with his publication “Foreign Policy and The Cultural Factor”.
    This topic is one of my major interests and I am intrigued to enhance my research experience at Rotterdam University’s facilities and work with such professors. Another reason for me to choose this university is the fact that Rotterdam is known as a young and dynamic city with a passionately beating heart, so I am.

I am also interested in studying at Hanze University of Applied Sciences (Groningen) and HAN University of Applied Sciences (Arnhem). Aside from great exchange programmes and an outstanding reputation in Business & Management field, these universities offer additional courses about Dutch culture, history and language. It is a perfect addition to my curriculum.

I have an excellent command of English language which would enable me to adjust easily to an English speaking country and university. My first experience as a foreign student was back in the summer of 2011. I have been studying at EC English Language School for three weeks in Malta but I must admit I was not very into English at that moment. However, everything has changed in the summer of 2014 when I travelled to New York City to study at ELS Language Center. Being there for three weeks made me eagerly want to be an exchange student in my university years and English language has become my passion.

As a regards my interests, I am glad to say that I have dozens of hobbies and activities which I like to do. I have always kept healthy lifestyle that is reflected in my big love for sports such as volleyball, gymnastics, running, skateboarding, snowboarding, cycling and hiking. The fact that the Netherlands is the country where cycling is a common mode of transport makes me even more excited to go study there. Besides, I am very into photography, art, travelling, music, languages and cultures.

Finally, I would admit that I am extremely self-motivated and once I set a goal, I strive to achieve it. I have travelled internationally alone on numerous occasions and I am fully confident that these experiences and my open-mindedness make me an ideal exchange student and perfect for this programme. It would be a pleasure and an honour to represent my home university and my country during next fall semester at the Netherlands.

Thank you for considering my application. I look forward to your positive response.

Yours sincerely,

Kylie Jenner

ReputationRep:
    It’s really well written!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xoxcm)
    It’s really well written!
    omg really? thank you!

ReputationRep:
    yes really, you’re very welcome x
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.