Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If I were to take psychology, wouldn't it waste my options as its sounds similar to biology?

ReputationRep:
    It depends what you want to study at university. If you want to study Psychology then you should definitely take it, and it works well with Biology, but if you are interested in a more 'traditional' Science-based course (Medicine, Natural Sciences, Biology etc) then having another of the three sciences or Maths (and maybe even FM) would probably be more useful. But if you think Psychology looks interesting then go for it! I've only ever heard good things from Psychology students about it. Good luck
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure about different exam boards, but for me the subjects are not very similar at all apart from one topic. They are also very different in learning, revision and exam style. Psychology you will need to write long, exam style answers which usually don't require too much application, pretty much opposite to biology.

Psychology is super interesting I find though, and it's definitely not hard as long as you pay attention all year and will put some effort in to revise well. Compared to my other subjects it definitely requires the least recision by far to get a top grade.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 26, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.