Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just got an unconditional offer from Leeds Beckett for Filmmaking, has anyone got any experience on the course and can tell me if it's any good and how practical it is?

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I got an unconditional from Beckett for same course - the open day was great, but was back in nov/dec (can't remember) - they said no interviews, just the personal statement, show reel and grades were important. My show reel was really short so I was surprised to get an unconditional if make a firm acceptance. I was pretty keen to go - but people keep telling me only desperate unis give unconditionals and they keep emailing me and posting me stuff (that's either really friendly or desperate?). I looked the course because it really favours practical work over theory and the place seemed well equipped and staff friendly and approachable. Now I'm really confused - should I accept because it seemed a good idea at the time - or go with worries that everything was just a sales pitch....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catsmile)
    Hi

I got an unconditional from Beckett for same course - the open day was great, but was back in nov/dec (can't remember) - they said no interviews, just the personal statement, show reel and grades were important. My show reel was really short so I was surprised to get an unconditional if make a firm acceptance. I was pretty keen to go - but people keep telling me only desperate unis give unconditionals and they keep emailing me and posting me stuff (that's either really friendly or desperate?). I looked the course because it really favours practical work over theory and the place seemed well equipped and staff friendly and approachable. Now I'm really confused - should I accept because it seemed a good idea at the time - or go with worries that everything was just a sales pitch....
    Hi Catsmile, thanks for replying. Just got back from my applicant day, absolutely loved the course. My only question is about fees. I live in the UK and have for several years but did live abroad a while back. My offer didn't say anything about whether I was getting home fees or international fees, did yours specifically state what you were getting? Thanks - Josh

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 18, 2018

University open days

1. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  3. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.