Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    On the Reading website it says you have to hold Reading as a firm choice in order to apply for accommodation. I plan on doing this, but do I have to rush to do so by the 20th of February??? Can I still apply for my desired hall and then firm Reading in the future? Or will I lose my place to someone who had firmed Reading before me?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by blinkedkiwi)
    On the Reading website it says you have to hold Reading as a firm choice in order to apply for accommodation. I plan on doing this, but do I have to rush to do so by the 20th of February??? Can I still apply for my desired hall and then firm Reading in the future? Or will I lose my place to someone who had firmed Reading before me?
    Does it say a deadline for applying?
    Does it say when they allocate rooms?

Normally there’s a deadline between late may-August to apply and everyone who applies in time is allocated in August.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by blinkedkiwi)

Hi,

So 20th February is when the accommodation application opens for those with Reading as a firm choice, the deadline for applying for accommodation is 1st August and then once you have your results and your offer is made officially unconditional the accommodation team will send you an offer for a room in halls at University of Reading.

You have to have Reading as your firm choice to make an application for halls.

You won’t lose your place as such, it’s not done on a first come first served basis for conditional offer holders. There’s a fair allocation process which takes places when everyone has their results and we know that they are definitely coming to the University.

If you are still uncertain you can contact the accommodation team through this email: [email protected] k
    Or, this phone number: +44 (0)118 378 4203

I hope that helps, if you have any more questions please ask!

Dan
    Second Year Student Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UniofReading)
    Hi,

So 20th February is when the accommodation application opens for those with Reading as a firm choice, the deadline for applying for accommodation is 1st August and then once you have your results and your offer is made officially unconditional the accommodation team will send you an offer for a room in halls at University of Reading.

You have to have Reading as your firm choice to make an application for halls.

You won’t lose your place as such, it’s not done on a first come first served basis for conditional offer holders. There’s a fair allocation process which takes places when everyone has their results and we know that they are definitely coming to the University.

If you are still uncertain you can contact the accommodation team through this email: [email protected] k
    Or, this phone number: +44 (0)118 378 4203

I hope that helps, if you have any more questions please ask!

Dan
    Second Year Student Ambassador
    Any solution for this? It's always like this whenever I try to apply for an accommodation.

Name:  28340188_1666118680142936_350567400_o.png
Views: 45
Size:  72.6 KB
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by pjcarsolon)
    Any solution for this? It's always like this whenever I try to apply for an accommodation.

Name:  28340188_1666118680142936_350567400_o.png
Views: 45
Size:  72.6 KB
    Hello!

Really sorry you are having problems with applying for accommodation. I don't know any reasons for this error message, so I would suggest ringing the accommodation office tomorrow on: +44 (0)118 378 4203
    or e-mailing on [email protected] k

Hope this helps and please get back to us with anymore queries! Hope you get it sorted!

Alice
    Food Science Placement Student

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 21, 2018
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.