Turn on thread page Beta
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hey everyone! I'm a current MSc Health Psychology student, and I'm just putting myself out there, for anyone who has any questions about what it's like doing a postgrad.

I get a lot of people may have some worries about the step up, so I'm more than happy to talk through anything. Good luck with your applications! 😄
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    In response to your title: 1 year and over £9000 out of your own pocket usually but sometimes student finance pays for it

But yh, hope your thread goes well (the title may be misleading tbh and in this day and age people usually just read the title and respond rather than reading the statement of help in your case...maybe consider changing the title to something like "help with going from Bachelors to Masters or something like that)
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by quasa)
    In response to your title: 1 year and over £9000 out of your own pocket usually but sometimes student finance pays for it
    Yeah I know if it weren't for the new postgrad loan, I wouldn't be able to do what I'm doing right now! Just trying to ask the same questions that I know others will be asking right now 😊
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by StaffsUniDrew)
    Yeah I know if it weren't for the new postgrad loan, I wouldn't be able to do what I'm doing right now! Just trying to ask the same questions that I know others will be asking right now 😊
    Similar situation to yourself as my degree was an undergrad masters so I was fortunate in that sense otherwise I would have to have waited ages to do my Masters.

But yh, I hope all this talk about reducing interest + tuition fees comes true
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by quasa)
    Similar situation to yourself as my degree was an undergrad masters so I was fortunate in that sense otherwise I would have to have waited ages to do my Masters.

But yh, I hope all this talk about reducing interest + tuition fees comes true
    You and me both friend! I cannot think about the amount of debt I'm in at the moment otherwise it stresses me out too much. Got to focus on the here and now 😊
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by StaffsUniDrew)
    You and me both friend! I cannot think about the amount of debt I'm in at the moment otherwise it stresses me out too much. Got to focus on the here and now 😊
    go for gold (apt considering it is winter olympics)

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.