Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey there, anyone studying Psycholog at UvA or has applied to the Psychology Bachelor for entry in September 2018?

*I would love to get to know some things about the Netherlands in specific Amsterdam and what the psychology course is like?
    *What are the professors like and is the course load extremely high or doable?
    *How is the social life (even with a tight budget)?

Thank you
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by RuByY1)
    Hey there, anyone studying Psycholog at UvA or has applied to the Psychology Bachelor for entry in September 2018?

*I would love to get to know some things about the Netherlands in specific Amsterdam and what the psychology course is like?

Thank you
    Hello!

Just going to give this a bump and move this thread over to the Studying in the Netherlands subforum for you

ReputationRep:

Thank you
    Hey there, I have currently applied to the UvA research masters psychology and waiting on a decision.
    From what I have researched, their psychology programs are pretty good and intensive as well.
    I have been in touch with one of the professors over email and UvA professors seem most helpful of the people I have spoken to so far.

Hope this helps you.

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I also applied for the bachelor of psychology, but I'm considering taking a gap year now, so does anyone know the possibilities for getting a defferal? Good luck with your application!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I've just completed the entry exam (march round) and I hoping to see if anyone found it hard? Also if anyone has a general understand of when we'd recieve our results that would be greatly appreciated. Wish you all the best luck on your results!

ReputationRep:
    I applied for a research master in Brain and Cognitive Sciences at UvA and found out that I was accepted at the end of Feb!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsnowhere)
    I applied for a research master in Brain and Cognitive Sciences at UvA and found out that I was accepted at the end of Feb!
    Hey, when did you submit your application? I have currently applied for research masters in social psychology and I'm still waiting for the decision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ketaki.diwan)
    Hey, when did you submit your application? I have currently applied for research masters in social psychology and I'm still waiting for the decision.
    October!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if the lectures are mandatory? I think in some countries one has mandatory lectures but then also lectures one doesn't have to attend.
    A friend told me she skips lectures that don't help her and rather teaches herself the material.
    Is this possible at the UvA?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if the lectures are mandatory? I think in some countries one has mandatory lectures but then also lectures one doesn't have to attend.
    A friend told me she skips lectures that don't help her and rather teaches herself the material.
    Is this possible at the UvA?
    This is not only dependent on a country but also the university you're attending and your lecturers! Also, if you're not attending a lecture check to see if the lecture is recorded, so that you can watch it online. You're paying money to attend school, so I always think that lectures are worth attending.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I just got my results back for the 2018 entry...was wondering what scores everyone got? I got 47/60..personally thought that I could have done better, especially after looking at all the percentages of people who did better. In any case does anyone know how many people are admitted into the numerus fixus? Also a bit of a stretch, but does anyone know how many people have applied?

Cheerio

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 10, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.