Turn on thread page Beta

Pill free week and late period watch

Hi! I’ve read a few stories about how your period is likely to come late on your first 7 pill free days whilst on the combined pill. I was just wondering that if this is the case, for example; if my period was due Monday, but didn’t come until Thursday (many people wrote that there’s was 4/5days late) would I continue taking pill on the Monday as required again? Even if this ‘period’ has came? Or do I need to wait and let the period finish before starting my new pack of combined pills.

I don’t know if I’ve worded this correctly but any advice would be great! Thank you.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi! I’ve read a few stories about how your period is likely to come late on your first 7 pill free days whilst on the combined pill. I was just wondering that if this is the case, for example; if my period was due Monday, but didn’t come until Thursday (many people wrote that there’s was 4/5days late) would I continue taking pill on the Monday as required again? Even if this ‘period’ has came? Or do I need to wait and let the period finish before starting my new pack of combined pills.

I don’t know if I’ve worded this correctly but any advice would be great! Thank you.
    It ll explain in the leaflet what to do with the break , call a pharmacist if you re unsure.

ReputationRep:
    I think you're meant to start taking the pills again on the Monday, even if your period hasn't finished yet.
    However, definitely look in your leaflet as it's probably more educated than I am!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

You start taking the pills again after the 7 day break regardless of whether you have started bleeding at all or not. The only time you shouldn't is if you had 2 breaks in a row with no bleeding at which point you would take a pregnancy test.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 20, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.