The Student Room Group

Applying in Scotland in 2019

Hi!
I’m from Poland and I want to study architecture in Scotland. I will apply in 19/20 and i have a question about it. I was informed that I have time to apply to Oct. 2018, so i need my teachers to write me a prediction of my final exams which I will have in May 2019. Could you tell me guys if is it true? And maybe what more should I know about it?
Original post by Qoorive
Hi!
I’m from Poland and I want to study architecture in Scotland. I will apply in 19/20 and i have a question about it. I was informed that I have time to apply to Oct. 2018, so i need my teachers to write me a prediction of my final exams which I will have in May 2019. Could you tell me guys if is it true? And maybe what more should I know about it?

If you don't take your exams till may 2019 you can't start uni in Oct 2018. You can start in Oct 2019 so it's best to apply next year. You can apply this year for deferred entry but I can't see any reason why you should rush.
Reply 2
Original post by alleycat393
If you don't take your exams till may 2019 you can't start uni in Oct 2018. You can start in Oct 2019 so it's best to apply next year. You can apply this year for deferred entry but I can't see any reason why you should rush.

Oh, i meant that i take my final exams in May 2019 and i want to go to the uni in 2019, and I was told that I should apply in Oct 2018. Sorry for misleading 😔
Original post by Qoorive
Oh, i meant that i take my final exams in May 2019 and i want to go to the uni in 2019, and I was told that I should apply in Oct 2018. Sorry for misleading 😔

Again why do you want to apply early? You can and defer but what purpose is it going to serve?
Reply 4
Again why do you want to apply early? You can and defer but what purpose is it going to serve?

But that's the regular time for applying. We all apply about that sort of time or maybe slightly later.
Reply 5

Well, tbh i don’t want to, that’s why I ask if it is necessary that if I want to study in 2019 i have to apply in 2018. I was told so, and I didnt know If it’s true
Original post by Bio 7
But that's the regular time for applying. We all apply about that sort of time or maybe slightly later.

Erm, if you are applying for 2019 entry your UCAS cycle starts in October 2018, it doesn't end in Oct 2018 as the OP is suggesting.

Original post by Qoorive
Well, tbh i don’t want to, that’s why I ask if it is necessary that if I want to study in 2019 i have to apply in 2018. I was told so, and I didnt know If it’s true

If you are applying for Oct 2019 entry you have till Jan 15th 2019 to apply for equal consideration and can even apply after that. Check out timelines on the UCAS website.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 7
Thank you guys for help! ☺️
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 8
If you are applying for Oct 2019 entry you have till Jan 15th 2019 to apply for equal consideration and can even apply after that. Check out timelines on the UCAS website.

Thanks a lot and sorry for misleading 😔 I was really confused about it
Original post by Qoorive
So, was I told right? I should apply in oct 2018 if I want to study in 2019, right?

Please read my post above so that you don't confuse yourself and others.
Reply 10
Please read my post above so that you don't confuse yourself and others.

Yeah I know, I didn’t notice your reply, sorry. I changed it and thank you once again

Quick Reply

Latest