The Student Room Group

anyone passed driving test in erith?

the pass rate for erith is nonsense. its about 30%. if youve passed, how many times did you do the test? also, what are the most annoying roundabouts in erith?
Original post by chano
the pass rate for erith is nonsense. its about 30%. if youve passed, how many times did you do the test? also, what are the most annoying roundabouts in erith?

Nonsense? I've driven in Erith, the roads are literally the veins of Satan.
Original post by nevershear
Nonsense? I've driven in Erith, the roads are literally the veins of Satan.

when i say nonsense, i don't literally mean nonsense. i appreciate that there is probably a reason why the pass rate is so low. what i mean is that its ridiculous. why do you think that Erith's roads are terrible?
Original post by chano
when i say nonsense, i don't literally mean nonsense. i appreciate that there is probably a reason why the pass rate is so low. what i mean is that its ridiculous. why do you think that Erith's roads are terrible?

Roads are in poor condition, not treated very well (neglected part of Bexley), sheer amount of blind turns and corners coupled with roundabouts with virtually no lane discipline or markings so people are all over the place whilst on a test, you're expected to pretend they are there, and then promptly have your invigilator slam on the brakes and probably fail you because someone's about to cut in front of you.

It's just a nasty place - it's one of my no-go zones along with Hayes MDX. Never took my test there but know a few of the routes.
Roads are in poor condition, not treated very well (neglected part of Bexley), sheer amount of blind turns and corners coupled with roundabouts with virtually no lane discipline or markings so people are all over the place whilst on a test, you're expected to pretend they are there, and then promptly have your invigilator slam on the brakes and probably fail you because someone's about to cut in front of you.

It's just a nasty place - it's one of my no-go zones along with Hayes MDX. Never took my test there but know a few of the routes.

are there any major multi-laned roundabouts in the area? from what i've heard, apparently its just full of mini roundabouts
Depending on route you've got the nasty one by Parcelforce in Crayford and I think there's another awful one by Slade Green train station.

This is the "base" of one of the routes, but it can go one of two ways, either into Crayford/Slade Green or towards Abbey Wood.

Needless to say there's always a bunch of the side-roads thrown in for good measure to meet oncoming cars in narrow areas. This route was like pre-satnav though, it's likely people now get told around Manorway or Upper Abbey road to follow the satnav to Slade Green station, do a manoeuvre then return back to the centre.
(edited 6 years ago)
Depending on route you've got the nasty one by Parcelforce in Crayford and I think there's another awful one by Slade Green train station.

This is the "base" of one of the routes, but it can go one of two ways, either into Crayford/Slade Green or towards Abbey Wood.

Needless to say there's always a bunch of the side-roads thrown in for good measure to meet oncoming cars in narrow areas. This route was like pre-satnav though, it's likely people now get told around Manorway or Upper Abbey road to follow the satnav to Slade Green station, do a manoeuvre then return back to the centre.

wow thankyou so much! you've been so helpful. im driving up there some time next week so hopefully it goes well
Reply 7
How did it go? Also can you share your test route? I have mine next week

Quick Reply