GSCE Maths revsion.

Watch this thread
discmfrt
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey! I'm currently in year 11 and really struggling with maths, I'm currently on a D/C grade and i want to get a 6 (B in old grade) in my real exam but i just can't figure out a way to revise! Does anyone happen to have any tips on the best ways to revise for maths that will actually work?
Saras98
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
Same issue here and still struggling I feel your pain
Kota Dagnino
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Ok, so first of all, don't worry, there are definitely many people who feel like you.
Kota Dagnino
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Now i just have to understand which area of maths you don't understand.
Wandering_Panda
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Have you tried looking into buying revision material? Last year I used CGP Maths Buster which you install onto your computer. You can watch tutorials and do practice questions while it tracks your progress. I can’t remember how much it cost but I know buying it through the school was cheaper. CGP does loads of revision material (revision guides and workbooks) which I found useful.

Other than that all I can advise is doing past paper after past paper. Get them marked and most importantly do corrections!! I often did my corrections in a separate maths book and wrote down the steps to completing the questions. This meant I had my own note book I could refer back to whenever I got stuck on a similar question.
gurlll
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
same here
GCSEs 2018
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I've found posters are a good way to revise for maths. Might not work for you but worth a try.
Saras98
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I got maths buster it's £13 But i'm still struggling with maths
Kota Dagnino
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Is it the theory that you don't understand?
Saras98
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Shapes, measurement and alegrba word solving
_Nay.Nay_
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
CGP Maths Buster was a huge help for key points that are concise and clear, providing questions too.

But what I thoroughly recommend is Hegarty Maths. This is one of the best websites for maths around and Mr Hegarty has been classed “the worlds best teacher”, which of course is arguable.

He provides videos of lessons on how to go through different maths topics and then you are set questions to answer. It’s honestly amazing and I highly recommend it.

Make sure to also do lots of past papers!

Good luck
Y2_UniMaths
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Past papers no brainer
Purdy7
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Same problem here:

Corbett maths as a list of videos to watch for both Higher and Foundation.

Primrose kitten (You Tube) does a GCSE Maths in 2 hours video, as well as a free download tick list of everything to cover.

Past papers yep, Corbett also does a 5 a day test for each Foundation, Foundation plus, Higher and Higher plus.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (25)
18.94%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (15)
11.36%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (10)
7.58%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (22)
16.67%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (34)
25.76%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
19.7%

Watched Threads