Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What methods of revision do you guys use?

ReputationRep:
    mainly flash cards

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jarjarbinkss)
    mainly flash cards
    Yeah, they are really good. I have an app of flash cards for my physics equations
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charrrzzzz)
    What methods of revision do you guys use?
    I make notes and try and get 1 topic to 1 or 2 pages. Then I learn my notes word for word

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baza2002)
    I make notes and try and get 1 topic to 1 or 2 pages. Then I learn my notes word for word
    I cant do that I procrastinate far too much, which is what I’m currently doing now I’m learning about giant ionic structures and I’ve wrote “key points:” this was about an hour ago now

ReputationRep:
    Quizlet is a really good flashcard app

ReputationRep:
    Questions Questions Questions

ReputationRep:
    Make mind maps or take notes, which are basically a summary of a chapter or a topic. Then, you study those mind maps and notes. Afterwards, you watch some TV or do something else for about one hour, so that you get your mind off of the topic you were studying. After that hour or so, open a blank word document or an app and try, from your memory, to write all the stuff you remember from the chapter. Then you get the mind maps or the notes and see if you missed anything. If something was missing, you write it in the word document. This way you have a summary written by yourself with all the key points and you also revised!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kota Dagnino)
    Make mind maps or take notes, which are basically a summary of a chapter or a topic. Then, you study those mind maps and notes. Afterwards, you watch some TV or do something else for about one hour, so that you get your mind off of the topic you were studying. After that hour or so, open a blank word document or an app and try, from your memory, to write all the stuff you remember from the chapter. Then you get the mind maps or the notes and see if you missed anything. If something was missing, you write it in the word document. This way you have a summary written by yourself with all the key points and you also revised!
    That’s is a bloody brilliant idea! I am definitely going to try that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charrrzzzz)
    That’s is a bloody brilliant idea! I am definitely going to try that
    Thanks so much.
    If you want, can you click that thumbs up button next to my name, it would really help!

ReputationRep:
    If instead you are studying something like mathematics, then things change a little. Because maths is all about doing exercises, try to do a bunch of them and creating strategies. This way, you will always know what to do when you encounter a typical maths problem.
    Once you have written these strategies, try solving some problems, until you feel comfortable with the exercise.
    The good thing about having a strategy is that you have a concrete procedure for an exercise, so if you forget how to solve a problem in a month or so, you will always have the strategy written in your notebook.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.