Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I’m filling out my options form today and I’m quite set on my future job: an architect.

In our school we have 4 options, I have chosen:
    Geography
    D&T
    Art&Design

I need a last option, however I don’t really want to do anything else.
    But if I have to, Ive narrowed my options down to Drama and Food Tech.

I’ve heard these two are very time consuming and I guess it would be a bad idea to do one with DT and Art. I’m good at managing time however and would honestly just deal with the work.

I enjoy both equally, I prefer the Drama teachers though but I feel like Food Tech is more relevant to real life.

Anyone who’s done any of these two could give me any advice or personal experiences with them? Thanks 😂😂

ReputationRep:
    food tech takes up a lot of time i think, you have to loads of practise runs on making meals i believe.

ReputationRep:
    food tech is a lot of work but easy. I dont think you do much cooking anyways.

drama is more difficult

I would say do drama as you already have 2 techs., and you like the teachers.

btw I have not done either - I am picking my options soon myself. take what you want from what I just said

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jarjarbinkss)
    food tech takes up a lot of time i think, you have to loads of practise runs on making meals i believe.
    (Original post by Bill Nye)
    food tech is a lot of work but easy. I dont think you do much cooking anyways.

drama is more difficult

I would say do drama as you already have 2 techs., and you like the teachers.

btw I have not done either - I am picking my options soon myself. take what you want from what I just said
    Ahah yeah I guess if I do Drama I will have a lot of practical subjects, which is what I prefer tbh. What are you choosing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ktech5)
    Ahah yeah I guess if I do Drama I will have a lot of practical subjects, which is what I prefer tbh. What are you choosing?
    We havent got the options blocks yet but the teacher who is making them has asked everyone what they are thinking of doing. I think we are getting them next week, but idk :P

At my school you can choose between triple or double science, but triple counts as one of your options. You also have to pick one from history, geography, computer science or French (and Spanish but I dont do Spanish)

But the ones I want to pick are;

computer science
    triple science
    French
    DT

And I know what I would want my backup choices to be:

History
    ICT

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.