Turn on thread page Beta

Help with personal statement and job- a level watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I’m 16 and I take biology chemistry and English literature and I’m in year 12, just need help with my personal statement and what job would look good on it and relates to my course

I’m looking to study toxicology Or just anything science/chemistry based at university

So I was wondering what part time jobs would look good, for example I was going to apply as a pharmacist at the till but the i can’t due to the work hours coinciding with my school hours.

I’ve applied for volunteering, what else would look good on my person statement, also I don’t play any instruments or have really any hobbies lol
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Meganjohnsx)
    I’m 16 and I take biology chemistry and English literature and I’m in year 12, just need help with my personal statement and what job would look good on it and relates to my course

I’m looking to study toxicology Or just anything science/chemistry based at university

So I was wondering what part time jobs would look good, for example I was going to apply as a pharmacist at the till but the i can’t due to the work hours coinciding with my school hours.

I’ve applied for volunteering, what else would look good on my person statement, also I don’t play any instruments or have really any hobbies lol
    you don't really need any work experience unless you want to go into a specific health profession, just show an academic interest in the subject through reading and perhaps go and attend some public lectures.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi there,

If it's any help, we have produced some guidance for anyone working on their personal statement.

http://www.staffs.ac.uk/helping-hand/

Any questions feel free to contact [email protected]. We're happy to help!

Best wishes, Shaun

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources
Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Find your perfect uni course

Don't know where to apply? Let our uni match maker be your guide

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.