Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I accepted an unconditional offer for a PGDip. Do I need to cancel this if I wanted to apply to another university for a different program? I'm not sure how applications work in the UK.

Thanks!
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    CV Helper
    (Original post by letsgetitgoing)
    Hey,

I accepted an unconditional offer for a PGDip. Do I need to cancel this if I wanted to apply to another university for a different program? I'm not sure how applications work in the UK.

Thanks!
    No, you can hold multiple offers and acceptances. As a courtesy you should reject offers as soon as possible, because it might enable further offers to be made to others, but without any centralised application system, the control is in the applicants hands.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by threeportdrift)
    No, you can hold multiple offers and acceptances. As a courtesy you should reject offers as soon as possible, because it might enable further offers to be made to others, but without any centralised application system, the control is in the applicants hands.
    Okay, great. I was googling around and I kept seeing UCAS or something and people saying you need to call up right away and use the right terminology or it won't happen.

Thank you so much.
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    CV Helper
    (Original post by letsgetitgoing)
    Okay, great. I was googling around and I kept seeing UCAS or something and people saying you need to call up right away and use the right terminology or it won't happen.

Thank you so much.
    UCAS is the centralised process for undergrad degrees. There is no similar organisation for PG though, you just apply to each institution using their own individual processes.

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.