Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was invited to interview for the Computing BEng position. The interviewer and I had a lovely chat about his projects and his students' ongoing research projects and my personal statement for quite some time. However, when he asked me a problem-solving question about arrays, I blanked out because I had messed up an array question in Cambridge too, and he confused me while trying to help me. He also mentioned something like "I think I may have misguided you" and "maybe we should have started with another one but I wanted to see you try this". At the end, I got on track and finished the question easily once I understood it, but it took some time and it was too late to solve another question. He clearly wanted to solve another question, but there was no time. How negatively does this impact my application?

ReputationRep:
    I think the interviewers look more at your thought process than to see if you get the right answer or not, like at Oxbridge. There's not much use worrying about it anyway as there's nothing you can do but wait.

Unrelated question - did you get an offer from Cambridge?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soggychips)
    I think the interviewers look more at your thought process than to see if you get the right answer or not, like at Oxbridge. There's not much use worrying about it anyway as there's nothing you can do but wait.

Unrelated question - did you get an offer from Cambridge?
    Ahaha. I did not. I was in the middle of giving SAT II Subject tests and the Oct/Nov A Levels and mock examinations in school for the Jan A Levels, and I went there completely unprepared. Hopefully, it might have gone better if I had at least a week to prepare, especially for the CSAT.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.