Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Okay, I'd like there to be a feature that when you leave a certain area (eg, a 2 mile radius from your home), then people can see where you are if you don't mind. The location is so specific on the map and I don't want people to see where I live but I wouldn't mind people knowing where I was if I wasn't at home. Does that make sense? I add online friends on Snapchat all the time but I don't want them to know which house I live at.
    Maybe if you could draw a circle in an area and if you enter that area, ghost mode appears or selected friends can see where you are. When you leave this area, everyone, or selected friends can see where you are. I hope this does actually make sense.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by ClearEchoes)
    Okay, I'd like there to be a feature that when you leave a certain area (eg, a 2 mile radius from your home), then people can see where you are if you don't mind. The location is so specific on the map and I don't want people to see where I live but I wouldn't mind people knowing where I was if I wasn't at home. Does that make sense? I add online friends on Snapchat all the time but I don't want them to know which house I live at.
    Maybe if you could draw a circle in an area and if you enter that area, ghost mode appears or selected friends can see where you are. When you leave this area, everyone, or selected friends can see where you are. I hope this does actually make sense.
    It's a very good idea tbf. I know Strava has this feature when you upload your ride/run, so your followers can't stalk where you live.

Just tagging AngryJellyfish to get this moved to Technology and computers
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    You could turn it off when at home then on again when you're out.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    You could turn it off when at home then on again when you're out.
    I don't remember to do that, it's just a thought though.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.