Turn on thread page Beta

Please help me act of self defence watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm really worried. My sister was arguing with my mum and went to attack her. I stood in front of my mum and told her not to dare as she was her mother. She then threw a phone at me and I didn't retaliate. She then closed her gate shouting and screaming and walked up her path. I stayed at the bottom of her path at the other side of the gate. She then continued to argue and ran down the path. Opened the gate and attacked me. It lasted about three seconds but she grabbed me and tried to hit me and I have grabbed her and punched her to which she then let go of me as it stunned her and I immediately let go and fell back. I have two witnesses who seen her attack me but she has a broken eye socket. What's going to happen to me o have pressed charged for her attacking me and she has but I don't have injuries whereas she does? Please help me I'm so scared I'm starting university in September and I'm so scared what is going to happen

ReputationRep:
    sounds like you might get off with self defence if the witnesses back you up and the police deem you used "reasonable" force

ReputationRep:
    Will t I'll be deemed as reasonable if she has a broken eye socket off the one punch. As soon as she let go which she did once she was stunned she released me and I released her immediately x
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    She’s your sister ffs, why would she press charges? Plus as you said, it was self defense and accidental. It’s not like you actually wanted to harm her.

ReputationRep:
    exactly I told the police that I wouldn’t file a complaint as she is my sister... the problem is that the kids W even at the door when run all my when all of this happened so she is trying play the victim saying that I attacked her in front of her kids. When she ran at me and I have two witnesses to prove that she’s she ran at me I’m just scared that because she has a injury that she’s had to go and Get checked over and I have been checked over it’s going to look bad on me because She has a broken eye socket and I don’t have anything like that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymousnoname1)
    Will t I'll be deemed as reasonable if she has a broken eye socket off the one punch. As soon as she let go which she did once she was stunned she released me and I released her immediately x

I honestly don't know, it probably depends on how hard she was attacking you.

ReputationRep:
    It was over I. 3 seconds ... she grabbed me and attacked me and I grabbed her with one hand and punched her with the other then let go straight away because she let go and I stepped back straight away it was 3 seconds long

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.