The Student Room Group

What If I didn’t get any offers?

Ok, so I have applied for Dental Surgery and so far I have been rejected by two out of the four universities I have applied to, One told me that My UKCAT was lower than their desired score and the other gave me no reason. I am Predicted AAA, and my AS results were ABB one of the Bs being a 79 and 77 UMS mark score. I am slightly pessimistic at the moment, so I am applying abroad but that does not seem to be working out either. I feel the odds are against me especially that Although I live and study in the UK I do not hold the citizenship, so I am considered an international student in every country including my own. I don’t know what to do at this point, Applying for a non-dental degree in the UK is no option for me, (I don’t have the desire for that, neither will my parents pay for such a thing, and international fees in the UK are often 15-20k+!!). Any information/Advice on what could be done?
Original post by Abraes
Ok, so I have applied for Dental Surgery and so far I have been rejected by two out of the four universities I have applied to, One told me that My UKCAT was lower than their desired score and the other gave me no reason. I am Predicted AAA, and my AS results were ABB one of the Bs being a 79 and 77 UMS mark score. I am slightly pessimistic at the moment, so I am applying abroad but that does not seem to be working out either. I feel the odds are against me especially that Although I live and study in the UK I do not hold the citizenship, so I am considered an international student in every country including my own. I don’t know what to do at this point, Applying for a non-dental degree in the UK is no option for me, (I don’t have the desire for that, neither will my parents pay for such a thing, and international fees in the UK are often 15-20k+!!). Any information/Advice on what could be done?

Being that's there's a two grade different between your as and predicted grades perhaps you ll have better chances with your grades in hand.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending