Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Why is this subject (at higher or advanced) constantly belittled as a “piss easy” one? Of course I have my own opinions on what makes it so difficult as I take it but I’d like to see a discussion here.

ReputationRep:
    It's not easy. But the issue is the effort for the amount of work available which is minimal.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have tips for the written paper when you talk about your own artists and designers? I seem to always run out of things to say about my 2 painters and 2 designers. For my expressive, I choose Stephen Conroy and Pablo Picasso, and for my design, I choose Frank Gehry and Antoni Gaudi.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eleanorchr)
    Why is this subject (at higher or advanced) constantly belittled as a “piss easy” one? Of course I have my own opinions on what makes it so difficult as I take it but I’d like to see a discussion here.
    its piss easy because most of your mark comes from doing art throughout the year, as long as you do a relatively decent bunch of paintings/drawings and put in a bit of time at home during the end of the year (just before exams) then you can get an A.

Drawing isn't hard in the slightest, neither is painting. If you're even slightly talented then you can just naturally draw at school and put in around 10-20 hours total at home and you can get an A. Most people who complain a ton are usually lazy and don't want to put those extra hours in or just can't draw as well as others.

The only "hard" bit is learning all the stupid stuff for your essays, that's not really even that hard tbh though as you can just condense them into bullet points and get a quick 20-30/40 with minimal revision. The part of the test where you "analyse art pieces" is just you using words you got given on a piece of paper and then bsing the rest of the way to pretend like you know what you're on about.

(This is coming from someone who did N5 only - I dropped it. (due to the fact I thought it was stupid, the teachers were going crazy at the end of the year and the teachers were also strict af year round.))

My final piece for design was honestly one of the worst looking things I've ever made, basically the entire thing was something I could've completed within a half a day. I couldn't even be bothered to cut off the string that I left on and then explained that away in the note we send with our pieces. That managed to get me an A, and thats also why I think its a bad subject.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Relentas)
    its piss easy because most of your mark comes from doing art throughout the year, as long as you do a relatively decent bunch of paintings/drawings and put in a bit of time at home during the end of the year (just before exams) then you can get an A.

Drawing isn't hard in the slightest, neither is painting. If you're even slightly talented then you can just naturally draw at school and put in around 10-20 hours total at home and you can get an A. Most people who complain a ton are usually lazy and don't want to put those extra hours in or just can't draw as well as others.

The only "hard" bit is learning all the stupid stuff for your essays, that's not really even that hard tbh though as you can just condense them into bullet points and get a quick 20-30/40 with minimal revision. The part of the test where you "analyse art pieces" is just you using words you got given on a piece of paper and then bsing the rest of the way to pretend like you know what you're on about.

(This is coming from someone who did N5 only - I dropped it. (due to the fact I thought it was stupid, the teachers were going crazy at the end of the year and the teachers were also strict af year round.))

My final piece for design was honestly one of the worst looking things I've ever made, basically the entire thing was something I could've completed within a half a day. I couldn't even be bothered to cut off the string that I left on and then explained that away in the note we send with our pieces. That managed to get me an A, and thats also why I think its a bad subject.
    damn, that sounds totally different from my view lol. Maybe that's only for N5, as higher does get harder and won't be as lenient.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KatCh4n)
    damn, that sounds totally different from my view lol. Maybe that's only for N5, as higher does get harder and won't be as lenient.
    Yea, I heard from a friend you need to learn a bunch more essays in less time, I assume you need to also do more drawing and painting on top of that but even then, all that's just time imo, not difficult sounding or anything. maybe the most difficult part of it is learning so many bullet points in essays, but if you compare that to biology (a subject usually considered relatively easy by most people I talk to) its a bunch less.

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  2. University of Sunderland
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  3. Plymouth College of Art
    All MA Programmes Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Applying to university
Uni match

Find your perfect match

Our tool will help you find the perfect uni course for you

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.