Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I confided in my closest friends that I was virgin and never had a boyfriend , when we were discussing personal lives and they talked about how many boyfriends they had. Ever since then they kept saying how bad it is to be a virgin and jokingly saying that I'm ugly and have a bad personalty, I know they don't probably didn't mean it but it still hurts. I told them I'm religious and don't believe in sex before marriage I'd do it with the one I married, and sex is not important to me as well

I've tried to avoid them but they told 15 other people in my class without my permission, then came up with an apology the next day. I'm feeling super insecure about myself. is it bad to be a virgin? I'm a teenager and practically all the girls, all my friends, around me have had a boyfriend and had sex.

ReputationRep:
    It's not bad to be a virgin at all! At the end of the day it all comes down to you and what you want, not what anyone else wants.

It's your life, so make your own choices and don't let people try and take you down because you haven't done something. And It's very harsh that they're telling your personal information to other people which is way out of line.

Also, boyfriends and sex are just a bonus in life and it's 100% if you don't want either!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I'm a virgin. IDCCCCC

No its no bad to be one and these people are not your FRIENDS!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AsianQueeen)
    I confided in my closest friends that I was virgin and never had a boyfriend , when we were discussing personal lives and they talked about how many boyfriends they had. Ever since then they kept saying how bad it is to be a virgin and jokingly saying that I'm ugly and have a bad personalty, I know they don't probably didn't mean it but it still hurts. I told them I'm religious and don't believe in sex before marriage I'd do it with the one I married, and sex is not important to me as well

I've tried to avoid them but they told 15 other people in my class without my permission, then came up with an apology the next day. I'm feeling super insecure about myself. is it bad to be a virgin? I'm a teenager and practically all the girls, all my friends, around me have had a boyfriend and had sex.
    First of all, you should ditch your friend because they sound like a **** person to associate with. A friend wouldn't call you hurtful names and purposely shame you for your life choices. Also, the fact that your friend went and told everyone in your class such a personal thing also clearly indicates that they can't be trusted with secrets.

It is not bad to be a virgin, nor is it bad to wait until you are married to have sex. A lot of your fellow classmates will regret handing out their virginity like it is in a yard sale rather than waiting for someone they love to do it with.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, I rarely see people from my school during the holidays. I find time is better spent on other things.

Only you can make the decision to have sex. Do not let ANYONE force you into it whether it'd be your best friend or a future partner. This is one of those times where you are absolutely and completely 100% fine to do what you personally want to do. There's literally nothing inherently bad about being a virgin. That's like saying books with blue covers are bad. There's no justification behind it.

These aren't very nice friends but if you want to continue your friendship with them being honest about your feelings and asking them to keep things between you and them. Or find new friends that you can trust and be honest with, without feeling judged. It's difficult to change the past and if they've already begun to tell people then maybe you should surprise them and not feel insecure about it but instead be confident and not care what anyone else thinks because it's your body, your decision and your life. You're also not the only person that's a virgin

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 18, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.