Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Uni Reading vs Uni of Sussex vs Uni of Liverpool for Law LLB watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I’ve gained all my offers back from university now luckily! I’ve got into these three in particular, and I was wondering which is the best for a law degree.

-Which would be best in terms of gaining a job after the degree?
    - What is the nightlife like? Particularly at Reading?

I know Liverpool is at the lower scale of the Russel Group unis, are the other two better?

Thanks in advance
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    BUMP
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Nightlife of Reading. No clue.

Liverpool generally considered the better law school and Liverpool's night life is certainly excellent. They also are very flexible with entry requirements; give everyone an offer and take in most people who miss their offer. I have the FOI request which demonstrates this.

Do your own research, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a.licia.)
    Hi everyone,

I’ve gained all my offers back from university now luckily! I’ve got into these three in particular, and I was wondering which is the best for a law degree.

-Which would be best in terms of gaining a job after the degree?
    - What is the nightlife like? Particularly at Reading?

I know Liverpool is at the lower scale of the Russel Group unis, are the other two better?

Thanks in advance
    Reading "nightlife" is more like going out to the kebab shop and loitering in the streets with junk food.

Two people I've known for a while study there, and they're not very impressed. One of them lives at home in London and doesn't go out in Reading on the weekends, the other gave me the impression that it's not the liveliest of clubbing scenes. With that being said, I'm sure that there are enough pubs/gigs to keep a less lively person going.

Liverpool is still the better option out of the three. Definitely the most academic one. Don't worry about where it sits in the RG - the others don't even get to belong to that ever-expanding group of universities.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 21, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.