Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Graduated with a HND and then a 3rd class degree watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So I got 3As during A Levels but suffered with depression and anxiety throughout uni.

I went to Newcastle uni for 3 years and graduated with a HND in Engineering. - Stayed in my room A LOT, missing lectured, not eating properly, missing going out with friends and a whole host of issues.

When I graduated in 2016, I decided to go to a *****y uni to do a top up degree to turn my HND to a BEng... Still depressed af and I graduated with a third

In hindsight, I should have take a gap year and went to therapy for then gone back but thats too late.

So what I'm hoping to do now is to go to a uni in London apply for a BEng Top up course so that I can turn my HND into a 2:1 degree as I can't get a decent job with a third class degree.

Would this be possible/advisable?

Any advice is appreciated.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by fordkate)
    So I got 3As during A Levels but suffered with depression and anxiety throughout uni.

I went to Newcastle uni for 3 years and graduated with a HND in Engineering. - Stayed in my room A LOT, missing lectured, not eating properly, missing going out with friends and a whole host of issues.

When I graduated in 2016, I decided to go to a *****y uni to do a top up degree to turn my HND to a BEng... Still depressed af and I graduated with a third

In hindsight, I should have take a gap year and went to therapy for then gone back but thats too late.

So what I'm hoping to do now is to go to a uni in London apply for a BEng Top up course so that I can turn my HND into a 2:1 degree as I can't get a decent job with a third class degree.

Would this be possible/advisable?

Any advice is appreciated.
    I don't think you can just top up grades really but unis may be able to advise so contact them and ask. They may want you to start again.

ReputationRep:
    So you've got a 3rd in a BEng? I would be surprised to hear if any unis offer any way to increase this. Have you had any success with jobs since you graduated?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.