Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Which bands would you like to do a reunion? watch

Announcements
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Most people will have heard recently about the spice girls doing a reunion.
    What bands would you all like to see do a reunion? And why?

ReputationRep:
    not gonna lie it would nice to see jls back together, idk why :lol:
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Id like to see atomic kitten do a reunion.
    And blue as well.
    Busted already made my dreams come true and got back together so that was all good.

ReputationRep:
    Well not them for a start. If anyone forgets, this will be the THIRD Spice Girls reunion, the first time being in 2007. (they also promoted a musical and performed at the 2012 Olympics).

Since their original break up in 2000, they've released, I think, just ONE new song, Headlines. 'Cash Cow' isn't even the word for it, they get new audiences every 5-10 years when more girls are born.

They were a bit of fun (e.g. Wannabe, Say You'll Be There, Who Do You Think You Are) with some touchingly, good, sentimental songs too (e.g. Goodbye).

Sadly, they consecutively ran out of musical steam, although 2000's 'Goodbye' was good.

I think that only Take That have been a worthwhile reunion.

Look at The Stone Roses- a reunion and, a couple of tepid singles, and no new promised album.

There are a few American 90s bands that I'd like to see come over here - the Spin Doctors, Lilys. Although both still tour, not in the UK for a long time.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Picnic1)
    Well not them for a start. If anyone forgets, this will be the THIRD Spice Girls reunion, the first time being in 2007. (they also promoted a musical and performed at the 2012 Olympics).

Since their original break up in 2000, they've released, I think, just ONE new song, Headlines. 'Cash Cow' isn't even the word for it, they get new audiences every 5-10 years when more girls are born.

They were a bit of fun (e.g. Say You'll Be There, Who Do You Think You Are) with some touchingly, good, sentimental songs too (e.g. Goodbye). But that original video of Wannabe with them breezing through a gentleman's club now seems like a bit of Blairite class and sexual warfare.

Sadly, they consecutively ran out of musical steam, although 2000's 'Goodbye' was good.

Look at The Stone Roses- a reunion and, a couple of tepid singles, and no new promised album.

There are a few American 90s bands that I'd like to see come over here - the Spin Doctors, Lilys. Although both still tour, not in the UK for a long time.
    I agree- i dont think any new music will come of it, they have never done any new music when they have got back together before. Im sure i read somewhere about posh spice needing the money.
    And yes, take that where a worthwhile reunion, as at least they bring new music out etc etc.

ReputationRep:
    The Dixie Chicks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Picnic1)

What was wrong with Sabbath's?

ReputationRep:
    Boney M. I know Bobby Farrell died a while back but oh how I love their songs :love:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by euphrosyne)
    Boney M. I know Bobby Farrell died a while back but oh how I love their songs :love:
    Looking back i used to like quite a few of their songs when i was younger as well.

ReputationRep:
    The Beatles

Spoiler:
    Show

...oh wait

ReputationRep:
    Not really a 'band', but I would be excited if Outkast announced new music.

Both of them have proved they're still capable of making top notch stuff since they split up.

Hope it happens, but not that bothered if it doesn't. Their output already puts them in the top 1 in Hip-Hop.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Agalloch. I never got to see them live

I guess Falkenbach, too. Although technically still active as a studio band, the live lineup was dissolved before they ever played live so I'm keen to see them at all.

Interpreter were a very obscure sludge (I think) band from South Carolina that split up after one studio album. They had immense potential. You can still get their album for free here: https://interpretermusic.bandcamp.com/

Pink Floyd.

And finally, Simon and Garfunkel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma:-))
    Most people will have heard recently about the spice girls doing a reunion.
    What bands would you all like to see do a reunion? And why?
    I would like to see spice girls do a reunion.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by AsalaR)
    I would like to see spice girls do a reunion.
    They already are in the near future.

ReputationRep:
    Oasis would be great... if Liam and Noel didn't hate each other.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Imo the biggest of any would be ABBA, but that isnt going to happen.
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    Swedish House Mafia - There was not one song that I hated from these guys.
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    The White Stripes or The Verve.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    XTC
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Motorhead.

Raise Hell Lemmy. :rock::rock:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 26, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.