Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What is the highest salary that you will earn? watch

ReputationRep:
    I would like to earn a similar wage to my parents (aeronautical engineer and a dentist). I highly doubt my Literature degree will get me far. Probably just the standard 28k that teachers get with the possibility to progress to 32k.

ReputationRep:
    I'm Elon Musk soooooooooo sucks to be you. I even have my own Uber space fleet mwhaha

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn’t mind £25-30k until the age of about 25 but when I’m around 30 I want to be on at least £45k+. I want to be an accountant btw (possibly and actuary if I get good enough grades)
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Got Milk)
    I bet you aren’t even joking and think this will happen.. you wont even see 10% of that as a salary unless you plan on being a dr or top lawyer.
    not joking, range is possible in finance or technology in the right roles and right firms and in management.

plus OP said peak salary, £30-40k is like a lower bound starting salary.

ReputationRep:
    I bet you aren’t even joking and think this will happen.. you wont even see 10% of that as a salary unless you plan on being a dr or top lawyer.
    In the UK, it's possible to earn over £100k as a good Software Engineer. In the US, £200k+ is possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Cow)
    I'd be happy on 28k as a single living in London/Edinburgh, but not when I have a family and my needs change
    True but if your partner also worked its deffinately livable.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by RogerOxon)
    In the UK, it's possible to earn over £100k as a good Software Engineer. In the US, £200k+ is possible.
    £200 is possible with contracting or a ~staff position at a tech company
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I earn 20k now I will be lucky to see 25k in my life as I work in IT tech support which is demanding yet pays peanuts.
    What does your team leader earn? Or their manager? Or their director?

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully 100k if I get into med school

ReputationRep:
    How can you get paid in pounds if you're in the US?

ReputationRep:
    I'm going into Software Engineering soo maybe 6 digits in later life but that's if everything goes right. I would be comfortable earning what my dad earns as a senior network manager in Seagate (I don't really know what he earns but he can provide for a whole family well enough on his own. i.e 2 cars and a holiday somewhere in europe every year with the family.) Part of that though is the genius of my mother who can budget like hell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jsk800)
    How can you get paid in pounds if you're in the US?
    Exchange rate applied.

ReputationRep:
    Some of us are educated and wont just be IT tech supports for the rest of our lives. Just a thought.

ReputationRep:
    Make £50k as a tower crane operator. Looking to go in to real estate business sometime this year to make some real money.

ReputationRep:
    I’d be happy with about £70k or more (at today’s prices- obviously with inflation £70k won’t be as valuable in 20 years’ time)

ReputationRep:
    By the time I'm 26, I should be an ACCA qualified Accountant so.....around 40k before tax and 30k~ after tax. At my peak, I would ideally expect to earn 60k~ before tax.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe like 170

ReputationRep:
    I'm grateful for food, water, family and the roof over my head

ReputationRep:
    Exchange rate applied.
    Hahaha ik ik

ReputationRep:
    £50k pre-tax

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.