Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi folks

My wife's phone contract is running out soon. She has a Samsung J5 at the moment and is with EE and looking for something similar. She would like to keep the same number and pay not more than (say) £25 per month. Any recommendations appreciated.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geek84)
    Hi folks

My wife's phone contract is running out soon. She has a Samsung J5 at the moment and is with EE and looking for something similar. She would like to keep the same number and pay not more than (say) £25 per month. Any recommendations appreciated.

Thanks
    The J5 is a fairly new phone, right? It's been rated as one of the best budget phones around at the moment here and that was only published two days ago.

If you're looking for something similar I don't really know what you'd want to change to - another Android in this price range is going to be fairly similar. If you want to save money you should move to a cheap sim only/pay as you go plan.

ReputationRep:
    Hi folks

Thanks
    Do you have any budget for upfront cost?

(Original post by jameswhughes)
    The J5 is a fairly new phone, right? It's been rated as one of the best budget phones around at the moment here and that was only published two days ago.
    The Galaxy J5 has an annual refresh, her model could be as much as 3 years old.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks folks

Any further advice greatly appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks folks

Any further advice greatly appreciated.
    What's your budget for the upfront cost?

ReputationRep:
    Depending on how you find the phone its a long wait but maybe get a sim only and wait till black Friday as it has great deals i got a samsung galaxy s8 for £29 a month with 16gb data and unlimited calls and texts. Also if your looking for a good site go to mobiles.co.uk. And for phone recommendations i havent a clue soz
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    The Galaxy J5 has an annual refresh, her model could be as much as 3 years old.
    Ah right, I didn’t know about this.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Folks

Many thanks for your replies. She is budgeting about £30 for upfront costs. She would prefer a free handset but don't mind keeping this one.

She is more concerned about getting enough memory and data allowance of around 8Gb.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Folks

Many thanks for your replies. She is budgeting about £30 for upfront costs. She would prefer a free handset but don't mind keeping this one.

She is more concerned about getting enough memory and data allowance of around 8Gb.
    If she can hold off buying for a week or two it would be well worth it, Mobile World Congress (the world's biggest consumer smartphone expo) kicks off this weekend and we're likely to see new flagship phones revealed from a lot of the major Android manufacturers. This will drive last year's best phones down in price after a couple of weeks as demand wanes and people start waiting on new phones to launch.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Gofre

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.