Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Naval Piercing watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys I got my bellybutton pierced in August and need some advice. About 4 weeks ago it started getting sore when clothes touch it and there's a red bubble thing at one end of the skin where its pierced. I was hoping it would go away but weeks have passed and it hasn't. When I look at the piercing now it seems that the bar is now too long for the piercing and when I sit it pokes out at the top and gets caught in clothes and becomes irritated. I still have the original piercing in and it didn't look too long back in August. Can they get longer? Could this be the cause of the bubble?Or is my body rejecting the piercing?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    If I were you I would talk to your piercer. The bar might look longer because the swelling has gone down, but if it's irritated then the jewellery might need to be changed. But, don't do anything without seeing your piercer first, especially since you have the 'red bubble' which might mean that your current piercing may need to stay in. Definitely go and see your piercer and they will be able to give you the best advice, in the mean time clean it daily - that often helps to calm piercings down a bit.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.